1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Japanese Ronin 90mm sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roy, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Hi Roy !

This is real MASTERPIECE !
    I hope to see this figure in commercial version !

Congratulations and best regards !

Jacek
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roy........

Keep watching the development of this chap, and you're doing an amazing job.
    Once again, forums like this are a great place to get feedback, and seeing the evolution and interaction here is fantastic!

so where abouts will he be at Euro.........have Welling got a club stand? Or will you have him in your pocket :lol: !!

Keep on rolling

Rob
  3. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Roy,What a Great figure mate.I really love the detail you achieve with the magic sculpt.The whole figure is a credit to you Roy, and truly shows your skill at sculpting.Kind regards John :)
  4. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing him at Euro Roy just days away now.

Robin
  5. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Jacek...many thanks for your kind comments..and a commercial version is not too far away.

Rob, thank you for following my progress, hope you like the way he's coming together...your dead right mate...it's sharing your work like this that enables such great suggestions and helpful guidance along the way, hopefully it allows us to do a little better than we would in the seclusion (not a chance in my house!!) of our own workbench...As for Euro...I can't wait...I'll be demonstrating again so I think we'll be set up in the room next to the channel suite...(next to the downstairs bar)...and once again mate...many thanks for your kind comments...

John...those are very kind comments, thank you..I will keep trying harder...I try to learn a little every day...hopefully more than I forget.. :)

Robin...as september draws in...I feel like a kid again...I love shows..especially this one....can't wait mate.

Thanks guys...all the best.

Roy.
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello again guys. I’ve eventually got this fellow finished.
    As you’ll notice I changed my mind on the hair and I’ve tried to keep it more authentic and in-line with the subject of a travelling ronin that was once a proud samurai. Hence the way the cue is no longer worn in the samurai fashion and left to grow out.

Here are some overall views.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And lastly an unmercifully close shot of the face.

[IMG]

Please feel welcome to leave any comments, I do appreciate all your opinions.

All the best and thank you all for helping me shape this guy into the finished figure.

Roy.
  7. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Excellent figure and geat pose. Super job Roy.
  8. quang Active Member

Belgium
    YESS! That's my man ;)

See you on Sat

Q.
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    My paint brushes start to rattle in their holders when I bring this figure up on the screen.......beautiful work Roy............it begs to be painted.
  10. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Roy,

(y) (y) (y) Perfect work!

I´m so sad, that I`m not able to come to Folkstone to meet you and your good work. But I hope I can come next year... this time there is too much work for me.

All the best wishes,
    Markus
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roy that's an awesome job.Hope to see you at Euro and have the honour to finally meet you

Stephen Mallia
  12. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Roy,

Only a word: PERFECT

My mouth is still open!
    it will be sold? When?
    rafa
  13. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Bob, many thanks for keeping a check on my progress, your comments are very kind.
    Quang...what can I say...you can see by the finished result what effects your help has had on the figure...your comments have been invaluable.
    Guy...I think I can hear them from here... :)
    Markus, thank you...you've got to get to Euro next year.
    Stephen, looking forward to meeting you...and the honour's all mine.
    Rafael..thank you...he should be available in a short while.

Many thanks guys.

Roy.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roy,
    I almost can't be waiting to see him alive. Still three nights to sleep not so well. :(
    Are you painting him before saturday??

See you then.

marc
  15. MSzwarc New Member

Roy,

You did a wonderful job on him (y) ! Please let us know when he will be released commercially.

Mike
  16. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hiya Marc, I'm not going to get to paint him.....but I'll be working on some minor details and the base for him over the weekend so you're more than welcome to stop by for a chat and help with ideas for the base if you want, it would be great to get your input.

Mike, thanks for checking him out again. He will be available in a short while, maybe a couple of weeks or so.

Many thanks guys.

Roy.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Roy!

Man, what a beauty! Been a true pleasure to see it from start to finish. Great work!
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Roy, you have done a fantastic job, my friend you are with out a doubt an excellent sculpter.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing your wonderful creation painted.

Cheers
    Roc.
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, The figure looks very nice.~Gary
  20. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Anders, Rocco and Gary...many thanks for keeping up with my progress and for all your very kind comments...

Thank you.

Roy.