1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Japanese lady

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jan 6, 2010.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A nice flat from The Regimental S-4. I tried some complicated designs on the clothing but.... in the end I settled for a plain form as depicted in a watercolour I found on the internet..... much easier. :p

Roger

Attached Files:

John Bowery and gordy like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger, great painting . I assume it's a copy of a Japanese print, but what are those strange ornamental things in her hair ?

Cheers Ken
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ken. err.... ornamental stick things, I think. Maybe an expert on Japanese ladies will be along soon and let us both know.

Roger.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking good Roger,
    I presume your back from sea.
    I must have something to neatpicking: You should give the hair more depth by darken it at the underside of each curl.
    Further i find it great work.

marc
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Marc, yes I just got back yesterday.

Point taken with the shading/highlighting but I purposely kept it to a minimum to make it look like some of the Japanese art I had looked at. You're probably right though :)

Roger.
  6. PamO New Member

United-States
    Those are hairpins but I not sure if they were to hold the hair together or just decorative. Not sure what they are made from but most woodblock books I have show them in yellow coloring. Pam
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    They are hairpins. And they are both: holding the hair together and decorative.

Nice Work Roger. I can understand why you didn´t paint a design. Same problems as me

Ulrich
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Pam, Ulrich thank you.

I see that was your first post here Pam, welcome to Planet Figure.

Ulrich, some things are best just left plain :)

Roger.
  9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Something different but great work Roger!

Marcel.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Marcel, thank you it's nice to do something different now and then.

Roger.