1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Japanese Infantry WW2

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Impisi, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Impisi Member

Germany
    These thre littel vignettes are made from one Box Airfix Japanese Infantry in 1/72 or may be 1/76

On the March
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The Calm before the Storm
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Hurray for Conqueror and Homeland
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gforceman, Sergei, Redcap and 6 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fond memories of those little guys. They were the very first toy soldiers I ever bought (along with the 8th Army for some reason) when I was about 6 years old. Me & my pals used to call them "mini men". They're HO/OO which I think is 1/76 scale.

You've painted them up really well and the scenery is excellent.

- Steve
    Redcap and Impisi like this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Very nice work

Mobo
    Impisi likes this.
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, OK, I was right, they are Airfix! I got that set with the Guadalcanal diorama set that MPC issued. It included the Japanese Infantry set, an M3 Lee tank, and a vacuformed jungle base. You have a couple of nice vignettes there, Martin! I like your method for making palm-leaf shack.

Prost!
    Brad
    Impisi likes this.
  5. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work.
    Impisi likes this.
  6. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve's right ....brings back fond memories of my first steps with model soldiers. Just
    out of interest this photo shows Hirao Onoda the last Japanese soldier to surrender in
    1974....that's right 1974 !!!

1974 Hirao Onoda.jpg

Mike
  7. Impisi Member

Germany
    Thanks a lot Gentlemen
  8. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a "trip down memory lane" this is. Who in this hobby can honestly say they never bough a box of HO/OO Airfix soldiers as a kid and then just ripped them off the sprues after opening the box and well before anyone had even heard of the phrase.... "sprue cutter".

Great little projects and tremendous groundwork.

Gary
    Impisi, Babelfish and Nap like this.
  9. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martin

Thanks for sharing these , all telling a story and nicely presented

As others have said fond memories and it's good to see so do continue sharing your modelling

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Impisi likes this.
  10. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    I remember being torn between the variety of Airfix figures and the quality of Matchbox. Went for Matchbox eventually, 8th Army and the Afrika Korps. Still think the quality of Matchbox soldiers was matched by Revell figures only.
    Impisi likes this.
  11. Impisi Member

Germany
    Thanks a lot Gentlemen!

Yes, it's fond memories, also I did not have Japanese as a kid. My first Airfix set was Germany Infantry with this kind of PAK with one figure sitting on it.
  12. Impisi Member

Germany

yes, you are right, the Matchbox were/are way better, but when I started with this plastic adiction back in the 60ies, for me only Arfix was available in the beginning.
    Sergei likes this.