1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Jacobite Highlander Culloden Moor, 1746

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by giro, Apr 11, 2013.

1. giro Member

Spain
  2. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice start, maybe a little to pale for my taste.

marc
  4. Tarracus A Fixture

A promising start, although there seems to be little balance problem on the eyes just for the position of the catchlights.
    Molt maco anyway!(y)
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Thats funny, I was thinking they were a bit tan for sunny Scotland! Must be just right...
  6. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
  7. Tarracus A Fixture

I relation to the face paleness colour tones there is an mathematical rule that says that those tones always depend on the severity of the hangover, which tends to be directly proportional to the amount of beer consumed the night before :sick:
    (Unfortunately I'm not sure if this rule is applicable when talking about scottsmen):D
    giro likes this.
  8. giro Member

Spain
    napoleonpeart, Wings5797 and Tarracus like this.
  9. giro Member

Spain
    Sorry blue clothes, no rope. Jaja
  10. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Great start, and great looking busts.
  11. giro Member

Spain
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Giro ,

After seeing the review by Brian of this great piece we all know the top quality of the sculpt :

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/h-v-jacobite-highlander-bust-1746.52283/watch-confirm

I like how you have painted this ...the flesh colour is a personal thing , like Marc I would probably darken it slightly or maybe add a little more redness to the cheeks .

I would be inclined to reduce the catchlights in the eyes a bit as well

Possibly I would give the coat a different colour to make it stand out more near the belt as well as dare I say it put a tartan over his shoulder ...my personal choice as what you have done has some nice highs and shdows.

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you enjoyed the model.

Nap
  13. giro Member

Spain