1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jack Aubrey bust finished!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, May 5, 2009.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Fantastic Painting

Fantastic paint job Jason.Very realistic and inspiring.Congratulations:)

Regards,John
  2. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful work Jason.! You`ve brought him to life !
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Lucky Jack.

Jason, what a superbly painted bust and yes I have to admit also one of the best ever I have seen -- what's that you say, " if you don't care for my seminar come to Tulsa anyway", the folks who don't go and see you on a visit will be selling themselves short as these master painting seminars are worth watching. I in fact have been mentioning your name to club members
    here in South Africa with regards to figure painting, perhaps you can e-mail me your seminar in script, HA HA !! just joking.

The best work ever old friend.
    Thanks for posting - RobH.
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW:eek::eek::eek: what a stunning piece, eveything about is is perfect, this will be a real show stopper for shure.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  5. Einion Well-Known Member

Lovely stuff Jason. Super work on the face in particular, looks ace.

Niggle: the photos are a bit dark and even before taking them into Photoshop to adjust the midtones slightly the blue struck me as a little light, and not the quite the right hue.

Einion
  6. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Karsten, Steve, Nick, Jamie, Brian, Patrick, Ray, Pedro, Mark, Barrie, Keith, Stephen, Mitsutaka, Marcel, Andrea, Marc, Jay, Guy, John, Richard, Rob, Tommi, and Einion:

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated!

Jay - the body of the hat was painted in acrylic, and the trim was painted in oils, creating the contrast between matte and satin. More details in the seminar!

Einion - I took a little artistic license with the jacket and intentionally painted it just slightly lighter and "bluer" than it should actually be. This was to give myself more room to shade and highlight, adding visual interest to the piece.

Jason
  7. "Tarakaman" New Member

United-States
    Excellent work Jason!!!! I love how the blues turned out on this bust!! Again excellent job here!!!!!!
  8. Mark S Guest

Superb painting,Jason.
    If it wasn't for the fact that I'm more than 24 hours from Tulsa I'd be at the show to see this one.
    Well done.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Been looking forward to you finishing this one Jason. Totally outstanding painting,superb !!!!!

Cheers David
  10. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Matthew, Mark and David:
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

Jason
  11. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Fanstastic work Jason.
    There is a question for you. Is your seminar going to be on Saturday or Sunday?
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Awesome painting Jason.Great work as usual

Stephen Mallia
  13. DangerAtom New Member

It will be Saturday afternoon.
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Fantastic painting Jason. Having painted this wonderful bust myself, I now feel like I should strip it off and start again.
  15. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jason

After my comment on the waist coat, this has turned out absolutely superb, beautiful work on the coat and the head gear. I like your attention to detail, well done a terrific piece.

Dave
  16. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work on this beautiful bust!!!
    christos
  17. Einion Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Einion
  18. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Oh, boy. This is one incredible piece of work. Maybe you could do a seminar on it for Atlanta next year?
    Ric
  19. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Piotr, Stephen, Tony, Dave, Christos, and Ric:

Thank you all for the feedback, very inspiring!

Ric - funny you should mention that! - Pete Garrison approached me about doing a seminar at Atlanta 2010 and I think I will take him up on it. I would like to discuss this bust or maybe something else I finish between now and then.

Jason
  20. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Very unfortunate for me. I was dreaming about Sunday so I would drive there just for the seminar. There is no way I can be there on Saturday.
    Maybe next year. I am planning to be there from the begin to the end.