1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Iwo Jima Joe Update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by eas6644, Sep 19, 2011.

1. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    Not quite finished but getting there. I chose to paint the helmet in what the Marines called "Brown Side Out". According to USMC WW 2 expert Harlan Glenn, Marines in the Pacific almost exclusively wore the brown side out camo cover on their helmets.
    I still need to add the chin straps, cigar and some more painting. Again, sorry for the quality of the pics.
    Ed

Attached Files:

tbolt7, dArtagnan, gforceman and 4 others like this.
  2. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Great stuff Ed, your best by far IMO! The light has gone on.:lol:
  3. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    Thnx Dano. Coming from you that means alot. Your work inspires me all the time. I apprecaite all the time and tips you give me.

Your most recent piece was AMAZING dude. Once again you have lifted the bar!!!
    Ed
  4. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Great job Ed, the camo colors look great and nicely placed!
    Thanks for sharing-
    Scott
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great paint work Ed. You get the real color of the marine´s uniform, I also like the comouflage in the helmet and skin tones, but I see something strange in the left eye.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html