Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Rohmann, Oct 18, 2012.
Thanks again, Colin!
The small cords seems to thick for me. Why dont you use wire?
Because FIMO is much lighter than wire and therefore can not break so easily.
13. Day, 5. November 2012
Decision last night: The neck IS TOO LONG, I make that new!
My today's day work:
Head cutted away again – then the sculpey completely removed – head with suitable pencil provided.
Then the "baseplate" (the cervical part of breast and neck of the Original-Kit) suitably sanded, what I should already have done at the beginning.
Posture of the head tried out – glued together – fixed with Milliput.
Allow to harden.
Afterwards in four work steps the new neck built up.
Now it looks like that…:
I like it this way much better – thanks for your constructive criticism!
It lasts with me always a little bit, until I have dissociated myself so far from my own laborious work to accept entitled critical objections and to follow them.
Besides, I broke off my selfsculpted beard points and – by the constant fitting – the small collar in the neckline.
Both stands for tomorrow on the programme to restore…
The shorter neck is a big improvement! Keep up the great work!
14. Day, 6. November 2012
Today I have restored the shirt collar and again I have concentrated upon the later still visible parts.
Moreover, our Ataman has his mighty Cossack's walrus moustache again; this time I have dared to put the pendulous ends still a little bit longer …
Nice job on the neck Martin.
Two steps forward, one back.....
And today one step forward again...
15. Day, 7. November 2012
Further it goes with the rebuilding of the gun. It will be obviously in the bust later only the piston and the flintlock of the weapon.
I wanted to have something special and searched long according to a model. Fortunately, there were in the 17th century all possible piston forms.
Finally, I have found this model…:
With the gun which is enclosed to Kit I have first of all the block …
… removed and the piston at the side dragged …
Afterwards the basic form of the new piston with "Milliput" was built up. This was more difficult than I had first accepted, because the form is very complicated.
Before it goes tomorrow near the fittings, the new piston may harden first something.
This is looking better & better. Top job mate.
16. Day, 8. November 2012
Today I have sculpted the metal fittings at the piston.
Besides, I have been guided exclusively towards my taste and have had no special model in the eyes.
There were made the metal hanger under the piston and the silver fittings.
Afterwards I have decorated the end of the piston with two small ones and a bigger "precious stone".
Thats for an Ataman should have only the best …:
Very nice indeed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice sculptwork on the pistol.
That's some fine work Martin.
Thank you, Lars, Adrian and Joe!
Great job Martin,
17. Day, 9. November 2012
Today the work on the pistol ends with the assembly of the castle.
It borders for me on a miracle that I was able to cleen these tiny parts from their blocks…
… and to mount them.
However (I am lucky!) broke when installing a little piece and the carpet monster has swallowed it, never to return. So I had to then make the part out of FIMO by myself. With the advantage that it is now scaled thinner.
I show the powder frying pan open, the trigger in position "half rest”, not ready to shot…:
Well – and now I wish a nice week-end to you all!
18.Day, 12. November 2012
My modelling week starts with some finetuning on the pistol.
First I have the three "jewels" on the piston with tiny "sockets" provided.
The "stones" are now not so far out and do not even feel as if they could fall at any moment.
Then I changed the position of the lock a bit. This happened for a purely practical reason:
The farther the thing protruding, the closer I come in "close contact" with the sash in which the weapon is indeed stuck once.
Now the pistol is ready.
Martin that is a really nice piece your creating there, I look forward to seeing more of this work,many thanks as well for putting all the information on the post
Separate names with a comma.