1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Iv'e Been A Little Busy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, May 31, 2004.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ok, I know, I haven't posted any pics lately but it doesn't mean I haven't been working on anything. Work has had me EXTREMELY busy as of late then coming home I have done a little on this figure and a little on that. Sad part of it is, if I had just worked on one thing, I had 2 or 3 figures finished by now. Who ever said I like making things easy on myself? In any case, I'm sorry to all for not posting more of my pictures and most importantly, not commenting on your pictures nearly as often as all of your fine work deserves!!!! Again, sorry. No excuses.

Here are several figures I have going now. First up is a very nice vignette by Nemrod. The only real problem is where the turnbacks meet the rest of the coat. All have a pretty nasty seam there that needs to be worked and filled. Pay no attention to the eyes. I was just looking to see how much will be visible so I know how much effort I need to put into painting underneath the visors. Lots of extras come with this kit so you can really have some stuff strewn about.

[IMG]

Next are a couple of horses I painted recently all with an airbrush. First is Metel Model's Mounted Dragoon. The figure will be repainted so pay no attention to him. I just wanted to see what the horse looks like with him on it. Next a Pegaso's BEAUTIFUL Polish Lancer. I Highly recomend all of you buy 2 of these kits. It's easy to paint when all of the detail is there! I have a few things to fix on here like the socks and tail (Thanks Brandi ;) ). Anyway take a look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lastly, (I still have more pics, I'm going to start new threads) is Elite's Celt. Raul Latorre did a work of art when he sculpted this figure. The muscle tone is unbelievable! I wanted to do something different as far as ground work goes so I Put this fig on a bust base (to give the impression he's on the side of a hill) and added bits and pieces from different figure bases (all resin) and came up with this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Well, what do you guys think? Any ideas will be most helpful! Sorry for so many ddifferent subjects in one post. I'll break the rest down.

Jim Patrick
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim!

You sure have been busy! You must be tired of cleaning up and assembling figures now, but atleast you have a lot to paint!

Looking forward to see these figgers get some paint on them!

Are you going to Tulsa this year?
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wow :eek: ! You have alot on your plate. I really admire you guy's that can tackle so many projects at one time.
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Anders, the only thing that rivals my "nearly" completed figures right now is my disaster we call a "workbech"! I have some heavy duty cleaning to do now ;) . I will not be able to make it to Tulsa this year. Uncle Sam wants me to go to the field instead. :angry: Not very cooperative that uncle of mine isn"t ! Oh well, to all who go " Have the best of time and I wish you guys all the best".

Jim Patrick
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Jimbo!

Weeeeeeeell, I wish I had that problem, been trying to join up for a couple years now, but still have no green card so it's a no go, but one of these days I'll be flying choppers for your Uncle, atleast thats the plan! And you know what they say, if you want something bad enough you can accomplish it.
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jim,I,too,really admire your ability to handle so many figure projects at one go (saw all your other threads already ! Wow !) ;) (y) I myself can only handle one project at a time,or else I won't be focused enough to finish it ! Keep up the good work,do take care of your self while in the field,and post more when you return to your workbench.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Kenneth, but, quite honestly, I envy all of you guys who can start a project and finsh it. I get bored to quick and my mind starts to wander while I'm painting one but thinking about another. I usually end up messing up something. Plus I get frustrated when things don't go right or I can't paint even half as good as someone like Hardy (I know I don't have his talent but man it would be nice to just borrow it! ;) ). So I feel it's the other way around. I wish I could stay with just one figure and finish it. Then I probably wouldn't have the long gray line going on my shelves! Oh well, I can always wish!

Thanks again,
    Jim Patrick
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    lol.....Jim, I am the same way.....got about 15 different figs going on at one time......like you said....oh well!
  9. olly_usafsoc New Member

WOW... all very very good, i especially like the Nemrod diorama/vignette, i may just pick that up myself!
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Very nice. You do have a lot on your plate, but I'm sure you'll get them done in due time.~Gary
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jim, you've been busy boy lately,I wish I could be that productive.

By the way, good job on the horse, I like the way you painted it.

Keep up the good work and happy painting.

Roc. :)
  12. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Jim, I guess it doesn't matter if you're working on 1 piece or 10 at the same time, at least you're doing something and keeping your hand in. I'm guilty of starting too many projects at the same time too :)
    By the way nice piece of groundwork for the celt .