1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ivar the Boneless, Jórvík, 866
 - bust 1/16

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, Mar 28, 2020.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everyone, I’m back with the pictures representing Ivar the Boneless which is the opponent of the Northumbrian Theng Warrior, a project that I made for the miniatures brand Fer Miniatures. The origin of the nickname is not certain. Most historical sources mention a character with a physical disability at birth compensated during the life with wisdom, cunning and mastery of strategy and tactics in battle. However, from existing sources of information, I preferred to speculate that the nickname would have been given from an irony just to highlight the contrast of a robust character stature with the expression “Boneless”. Concerning this bust, I was guided by the profile of the character of Tormund (Game of Thrones) played by actor Kristofer Hivju and Luís Barboo playing the redhead slavemaster (Red Hair) in Conan the Barbarian (1982). Longer hair and beard have complicated the work process a bit, but the obvious wind effect I think has contributed a lot to the expression as a whole, giving it a higher level of drama. The materials I used were the usual: Milliput Yellow-Grey, greenstuff and Magic Sculpt.
    02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg Panoplia.jpg
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful work!

Cheers,
    Ken
    palmielcore likes this.
  3. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Excellent sculpting.

Bill
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Lovely work
    palmielcore likes this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpt.(y)
    palmielcore likes this.
  6. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Outstanding!!!

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
    palmielcore likes this.
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I've bought 2 of this bust when it first came out.Both were sold to collectors.Might even think about buying him again.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  8. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States