1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

It's Christmas Time In The Trenches !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Nov 21, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the support,Edson,my friend ! I really appreciate it :lol: ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  2. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,your words are always an encouragement to me. Thanks alot,pal :lol: ! Cheers.
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey guys :lol: ! Added some ground texture to the resin base and sculpted a name-plate for the vignette (from putty) to give it that "period" feel. Priming and painting will be the next step.Cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey buddy, the texture in the terrain looks very well(what about some rocks?, maybe 2), but I love the name plate, it`s great, how you did it ?

Cheers
    Ed
  5. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Edson,thanks alot for the positive comments;I really appreciate them :lol: The base already has rocks moulded in,I just needed some for texture for when I start painting the thing.As for the name-plate,I sculpted it out of putty myself. HTH.Cheers !
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Gentlemen,the vignette is finally finished :lol: ! I got the idea for the snow from Diego Ruina's article in HM Issue 45 (a mixture of white glue and Micro-balloons). The bird is generic. Hope you guys like it and thanks for looking. Cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Kenneth! Whats up next?
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks Jason ! Well,if Bill Horan's F-P accessories are up and running,I'm thinking of doing a F-P subject. If not,I actually saw a cool illustration in Osprey's latest book on the German Army in WW1 that showed a Jewish rabbi serving in the German forces;I may just do that subject then. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth, beautiful work my friend, I like the snow,looks real. ;)

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to your next project.

Ciao.

Roc. :)
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Roc;your encouragement is greatly appreciated ! I really enjoyed myself on this one and I hope to do the same for the next project ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Kenneth.....what do you use for the snow?
  12. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Guy ! Thanks for the positive comment;I really appreciate it ! I used "Micro-balloons",which is commercial borosilicate powder used by aircraft modellers as a filler when casting aircraft parts.I got it from a shop that deals in flying model aircraft kits. Mixed with white-glue (an idea I got from HM Issue 45),it simulates powdered snow to a T ! Just remember to use a mask when pouring the stuff 'cos it's so fine,you can easily inhale it (NOT GOOD FOR HEALTH !) HTH. Cheers !