1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

It's a trap! - Sumothay

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Arsies, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    I've always heard that this great figure of Raul G. Latorre was one of the most difficult pictorical challenges any hobbilist could try. I nevere tried before.

I love the mini, looks beautiful, but there is not so much things where the painter can show their skills, but painting well, with so many elements and without anything out place or looking strange it's a goal, therefore I decided to seek distinction with the ground, something more elaborated than usual in the Sumos I've seen out there.
    So this is how born the scene "It's a Trap!" (Also affectionately called "apache attack to vegetable stand") where you can interpret that Sumothay is a mercenary charged with protecting a merchant convoy of food and water or a pirate raiding an alcohol convoy.
    At the end I must say that the fame of complex Sumothay has is justified. Actually most of the work was rewarding and simple, but when you approach the end and see how the days go by and keep painting little details and little details, and they never end : P
    I hope you like it and effort worth it

A01.jpg

A02.jpg

A04.jpg

A05.jpg

A06.jpg

A07.jpg
    aknific, Tom W., sippog and 14 others like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I know some people complain that all anyone ever gets on this thread is positive comments like 'stunning' 'fantastic' outstanding' 'exceptional' 'superb' etc, well that's what this is.
    Everything is 'stunning' 'fantastic' outstanding' 'exceptional' 'superb' etc.
    In fact you could take the figure and put it on another base and you'd have 2 'stunning' 'fantastic' outstanding' 'exceptional' 'superb' etc, models.
    This is painting of the highest order, a pleasure to look at.
    Cheers
    Derek
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Agree with Derek.
    Its Outstanding and so is the base.

Marc
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ditto:)
    Paul
    (Well it makes a change from beautifully painted)
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Del said it best :wideyed:

Regards

Ron
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  7. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I agree, Del is spot on.
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    Simply gorgeous, you have a great talent.
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Lovely miniature painting, I like eveything. Nice seeing top artists posting is works here.

Saludos
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Magnifique!!! Everything is just perfect and I love how the base tells a story. Wish I could paint like that (n)

Cheers,

Gino
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with Del it is a beautiful piece to look at.
    Cheers
    John
  12. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Me too - exceptional work (y)
  13. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    thank you guys. Working on this Sumo was hard, it took me 3 complete working weeks, and at the end it looks like a never ending miniature :p