1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Italian officer

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Monroe Perdu, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Monroe Perdu New Member

This is my second try at posting and I hope the image shows up. This figure is by CRI.EL.MODEL and is 1/35 scale resin. Very crisp detail and I only needed to modify the pose a little to get him to work. The flag is styrene that I heated with a flame and tried to make conform to the steps. I hand painted it after drawing the design (before it was heated) with a fine point felt pen. The British helmet with the hole in it is an old Airfix Multipose part. The steps are carved foam and the Sphynx is a resin casting. The model is painted with Animators paint and ceramic paints. This is supposition about an early gain in the Italian attempt to take Alexandria from the British.
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. Grizzly Member

I like it!!! very nice.
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Mike,

Your hard work paid off (y) . The draped flag adds a lot of color. Kinda hard to tell from this distance but the paint job looks well done. You did good! Post more when you're able.

Mike
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    It's hard to tell because of the size - in terms of painting. But the composition is beautiful. Very well planned and great idea.
    Good WOrk!
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Looks really nice work, any chance of a close up?.
  6. Monroe Perdu New Member

Here's a little closer shot...if it appears.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Mike

Attached Files: