1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP ITALERI - Allied General Staff - Napoleonics Wars 1:32 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pull and Twist, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Pull and Twist New Member

Recently decided to start delving in painting miniature figures and picked up this ITALERI - Allied General Staff - Napoleonics Wars 1:32 54mm miniature plastic figure set from a second hand shop in Seattle for a few bucks.

This is my very first time painting miniatures... I am more accustomed to airbrushing aircraft and spaceship models but have always been amazed by the talented people that focus on miniatures.

So far I've finished painting one of the eight figures and started working on the second. Been using STYNYLREZ primer on them, basing them out with Vallejo paints and then shading with oil paints. I had never used oil paints before this, so it's been a fun learning experience.

Always looking for constructive criticism and any tips and techniques.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg
    Tom W., KenBoyle, NeilW and 1 other person like this.
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Robert, especially for someone just starting to paint miniatures. You definitely have a grasp of the basics for shading and highlighting. Your results are much better than my beginning attempts. I paint entirely with acrylics so I'm not much help in the oils area. Just keep painting and you will advance quickly, the talent is there.

Cheers,
    Ken
    Pull and Twist, Tecumsea and Nap like this.