1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

It Was Just a Matter of Time.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by IronMike, Sep 27, 2008.

1. IronMike A Fixture

For months some of my fellow resin casters and I have been wondering how long it would be before the high price of oil would catch up with us. Well it finally happened. Thursday when opening my bills I had the shock of discovering that resin had gone up 30% !! Rubber has gone up but nothing like this. 6 months ago mteal went up to the point it was no longer affordable for me to cast as many metal parts.

Bottom line I have to make some changes at MR Ltd. First I have to raise prices. The price increase will be about 10%. Some pieces will be more some less but will still reamin cometitive. I'm slowly getting the website up to date and hope to have it complete by Monday morning. I've also stopped putting bases in the kits unless they're an important part of the kit. And last many parts that were previously done in metal will now be in resin.

Sorry for all this but it was just a matter of time.

Mike Stelzel
    MR LTD
  2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ah well! Such is life
  3. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    hello Mike,

Sorry to hear that, and thank you very much for your honest words.

I have ordered a couple of figures from you this year and I never had a reason to complain, you give an excellent service and excellent quality. I will keep buying from you.

kind regards,

Johan
  4. renarts Active Member

United-States
    I know how you feel Mike. Owning a screenprinting shop, we took a huge hit this year in costs. I had to raise my prices as well and its having an effect. I wish you all the best and sympathize. You do what you have to do and thats business. You have a great product and thats what sells it.
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Well, I guess that means I need to finally dig out that Magic Sculpt I bought from you a while back :)

Keith
  6. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I feel your pain I just bought metal for the Doolittle figure. ouch.
  7. Einion Well-Known Member

30%?! Nice of them to cushion the blow and all :eek:

Einion