1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Israeli Soldier - Combat Engineering Corps

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DrLutz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DrLutz Member

Israel
    IDF Combat Engineering Corps was one of the four brigades that took their part in Operation Cast Lead in Gaza strip in last winter.
    This bust is made in 1:9 scale using Cernit and Apoxie medias

Attached Files:

2. eissteban Active Member

France
    nice too Vlad
    is it a bandana under the helmet ?
  3. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Yes it's a bandana.
    Of course it's not a part of regular uniform, but in our case some of soldiers use bandanas or different kinds of 'civil' dress. It could be allowed sometimes especially for reservists. Once I even heared about guys wearing 'telnyashka' - a stripped undershirt of russian Airborne and Navy. Probably they were repatriants from former USSR.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent sculpting Vlad.
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice and nice touch with the bandana.

Steve
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Vlad - Is the Cernit the kinda mauve colored bit? I'm curious and might try some. It's a one-piece heat - dry epoxy, isn't it? How does it's consistency compare to Super Sculpey? I'd like to find something much denser than Super Sculpey or even SS grey firm.

Marvelous sculpting - as always! Your range of subject is great and I've never seen one of your compositions that I didn't like.

All the best,
    Dan
  7. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Guy & Steve & Dan - thank you for your interest for this item.
    So Dan - this especially model is done of Cernit Doll Collection media. Only a helmet is of Apoxy Clay. There are various colours in Cernit Doll Collection half-a-kilo bulks - look here: http://www.kjpcrafts.com/cernitdollclay.htm
    I have two bulks - nougat (yammy!) and bisquit so I combine the colours between them when it is necessary. I feel myself comfortably when different parts have a different colours - at least I know where I can disassemble the model and where I can't.
    Cernit is not an epoxy. Correctly it sounds like a clay - the same as Super Sculpey and other staffs you need to bake. If to compare CDC to SS so Cernit is much better for me: it is smoother and softer. The main difference you'll see after a baking - it's firm and at the same time little bit flexible. BUT! It is obviously not the best one - it tends to be very sensitive to baking temperature. When overheated it could crack or to have micro-cracks. And when underheated - it never become firm enough.
    I still never tried a Grey Firm Super Sculpey - so I can't compare here. It's only a matter of time and one visit to Tel-Aviv of course. And for me Premo is the best one of polymer clays.
    Probably I'm not understanding appropriately what do you mean as 'much denser'. When I need something really dense (Really Firm Staff) I use epoxy putties - that's it.
  8. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Vlad,
    impressive stuff!
    Definitely one of the under represented armed services in the world, in the figure area.
    Like all the busts

Thanks for sharing

cheers
  9. DrLutz Member

Israel
    Thank you Jamie Stokes!