1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Isnt This Governor Arnold?

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Isnt this Governor Arnold?

[IMG]
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    No doubt about it.

"C'mon, I'm right heah, Kill ME!"
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, I would say it's taken from the movie "Commando" or "Predator". It could really be painted from either flick.
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I hadn't thought about Commando, that'd work too. I'd say it's intended to partner with Andrea's release of "Space Hunter". Do you suppose that Andrea attracts some of the Garage kit crowd with these movie and comic characters even though they're smaller scale?
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Sure attracts me at least even though I dont do film and tv related stuff only but rather on occasion.

It doesnt cost 100-175$ and your bookshelf arent full after 4 kits.

I dont think that Dutch and the Predator are the best examples but its astonishing how the likeness can be brought down to such a small scale as 54mm.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    is that 54mm?!?
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden

In one word: Yup!

If you havent seen their full range yet, check i out. Like Legolas, Sundance Kid, Freddy Krueger, Dracula to mention a few.
  8. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi
    I think Andreas apparent love of movie related subjects
    certainly widens the appeal of this great hobby of ours

Frank (y)
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi All ! Just done up the Legolas figure(Elf Archer) for a dear friend of mine as a Christmas present and I must say,the likeness to Orlando Bloom is amazing :lol: Kudos to the Andrea gang !Cheers (y)
    Kenneth.
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi All ! Just done up the Legolas figure(Elf Archer) for a dear friend of mine as a Christmas present and I must say,the likeness to Orlando Bloom is amazing :lol: Kudos to the Andrea gang !Cheers (y)
    Kenneth.
  11. jitch0t Member

Spain
    i'm also painting these days the elf archer

kenneth, did u take any pic before u gave him the present? i love to see others paintjobs of the same figure
  12. jitch0t Member

Spain
    i'm also painting these days the elf archer

kenneth, did u take any pic before u gave him the present? i love to see others paintjobs of the same figure
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Kenneth,
    We would love to see photo's of your work (y)
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Kenneth,
    We would love to see photo's of your work (y)
  15. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Hey y'all,

I'm not 100% sure about this, I hope I'm mistaken so please don't quote me but I thought I read in a different forum, that there was some kind of potential lawsuit brewing regarding Andrea producing movie characters. Something about producing copyrighted likenesses w/o permission or something like that. It seems that the movie star who portrayed one of their figures was concerned about royalties <_< . I can only imagine how tough it is to make ends meet when you're the actor allegedly represented by any of Andrea's figures. Maybe the painter should be paid for providing the free advertising (y) . Anywho, I hope I'm wrong but maybe you should get 'em while they're hot.

Mike
  16. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Hey y'all,

I'm not 100% sure about this, I hope I'm mistaken so please don't quote me but I thought I read in a different forum, that there was some kind of potential lawsuit brewing regarding Andrea producing movie characters. Something about producing copyrighted likenesses w/o permission or something like that. It seems that the movie star who portrayed one of their figures was concerned about royalties <_< . I can only imagine how tough it is to make ends meet when you're the actor allegedly represented by any of Andrea's figures. Maybe the painter should be paid for providing the free advertising (y) . Anywho, I hope I'm wrong but maybe you should get 'em while they're hot.

Mike
  17. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I believe the did have to pull the Zorro figure because of trouble with Disney. That was supposedly over the name and not the likeness.
  18. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I believe the did have to pull the Zorro figure because of trouble with Disney. That was supposedly over the name and not the likeness.
  19. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Disney... that figures.
  20. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Disney... that figures.