1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Is it possible for a man to love his tool ??

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Chris K, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    LOL !,

I can almost hear the sharp intake of breath from Gordy and his team of moderators at the title for this thread........................ But dont worry guys I am talking about The Dremel hand held battery operated mini tool,

I bought one yesterday from Wallmart and I can honestly say that it is the best 25 dollars I have ever spent on things related to our hobby, it comes with a rechargable battery and charger and a basic selection of, Files drill bitts sanding wheels , cutting disks etc , but I splashed out another 20 on more fittings, It makes the clean up of Resin kits so much quicker , neater and easier, and drilling and pinning, mounting busts etc simple, for those of you that polish the white metal of knoght figures, you get polishing brushes and felt pads too. I have been doing this hobby for ten years and wish I had got one then, I have been like a neanderthal using primitive and improvised tools and expanding a lot of sweat and swear words trying to get the best out of them. This aint a plug for dremal , i think there are lots of similair tools out there by other manufacturers, now whether you are an old hand or new to the hobby I would reccomend you get one as you too will fall in love with your tool and spend many hours with it in your hand.....................................
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Love and fondle even! LOL, good one ;)

I too had one of these years ago and it was immensely valuable! Tight compact and did all the dremmeling stuff you need it too for our hobby and use! (y)

Recommended indeed