1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Is Chris Kitney still in business and how do I reach him?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Kevin D., Apr 4, 2020.

1. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good afternoon!
    Hope this finds everyone safe and hunkered down.
    I may have found a lead to the 90mm Barton Mounted Landsknecht that I have been searching for. I Found a website advertising that they are the official Barton site, having bought the molds. I called this Chris's number from Texas but got a phone carrier message saying that I can't leave a message on that number.
    Could someone try the phone number and see if they have more success than I did on the international attempt?
    Do you know anything about this Chris Kitney at bartonminiatures.blogspot.com ? It looks like info from year 2011 with a price list posted in 2018.
    THE OFFICIAL BARTON MINIATURES WEBSITE
    Kitney and Company purchased Barton Miniatures in the early 1990's.
    We still have all of the master patterns, moulds and the ability to continue to offer this large range of award winning 90mm figures, so we felt that it was now a great time to offer these models to you once more.
    We look forward to hearing your thoughts and helping you on availability, prices etc.
    Please call me on 07885 820 922
    Best wishes
    Chris Kitney
    Please find below a selection of our range, to find a specific model please look in the 'Archive' to the right of your screen, and open the 'April' folder.
    All of the models are supplied as unassembled, unpainted, white metal kits.
    Prices shown are inclusive of VAT but please add P&P (UK) 10% (EUROPE) 20% (REST OF THE WORLD) 30%.
    ALSO..If someone has that kit in the grey army and feels time to pass it on, please let me know.
    Thanks for your help in advance!
    Kevin D.
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Kevin,

I have a poorly painted example that I bought on Ebay a few years back. My intention was to strip it and repaint it but I know I will never get round to doing it
    , would it be of interest if you wanted to do the same?

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Kitney and company were producers I believe of cast metal picture frames. Chris Kitney bought the masters and employed Barton for a period of time to do casting for them. There was an attempt to resurect the figures under the Kitney name but it seems to have died a death, others may know more but nothing seems to have been happening for some time.

Keith
    Sylvanus likes this.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just tried the mobile number but currently unavailable-I'll try again later in the day.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just a thought Kevin try putting a wanted advert on the forum for the figure you are looking for, not everyone will respond to the Kitney heading.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Thank you Keith for the replies

I also suggested to Kevin about putting something in the Marketplace

It's always the same ..,we wish we had got it when it was released ...I am the same with the Nungesser bust from RDG sculpted by Offo

Stay safe

Nap
  7. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I am at the Moment in contact with Kevin as there are a couple of Barton Kitney Almond etc old figures we are selling at the Moment from a deceased friend,among others the mounted Landsknecht.
    Many thanks again Keith for your help in identifying the John Niblett 175mm Grenadier....quite a rare find and a beauty.
    Regards
    Pete
    Nap likes this.