1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Is a sealer needed before a wash is applied to oils?

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Tony Lee, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Tony Lee New Member

United-States
    I'm on my second attempt at painting figures and I plan to apply a filter and or a wash. I was wondering if a sealer coat was needed to protect the oils before hand?

Thanks for the info
    Tony lee
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    No need Tony, as long as they're fully dry.
    Wings5797 and winfield like this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    As Carl says Tony give plenty of drying time otherwise you will have Blues turning to Green if you apply a wash with a colour having a yellow bias etc.

Red's, Blue's and earth colours dry quickly but be careful with lighter colours, Yellow, White and derivatives

Keith
  4. Tony Lee New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the advice folks,I had them in a dehydrator last night so they were bone dry before the filter and pin wash was applied.
    I'm not a figure painter,these are to be placed in my 35th scale SPGs and are NOT contest examples by any means.:)
    [IMG]

Thanks Again,see ya next time
    Tony lee
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nothing wrong with those from where I'm sitting. Nice job (y).

- Steve
    Tony Lee likes this.