1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Iroquois

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A little bit more work done on little bits like the powder horn and the tassles on the bag. I also attempted to add a bit more contrast to the leggings. He's all glued together now, you'll note that his large brass appendage is gone :)

DSC_3542.JPG DSC_3543.JPG DSC_3544.JPG DSC_3545.JPG DSC_3546.JPG DSC_3547.JPG DSC_3548.JPG
    anstontyke and Dewi Evans like this.
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not much actual modelling done today, just some putty work to make him look a bit more "seated" on his perch. I acquired some A3 black foamboard though and made a bigger dark box to accommodate larger models like this one (and some of my other non-figure models). This is the result, using artificial light:

DSC_3561.JPG DSC_3562.JPG DSC_3563.JPG DSC_3564.JPG DSC_3565.JPG

The plate is only blu-tacced on for now.
    oldtrousers, anstontyke, arj and 3 others like this.
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Back to painting. A relaxing hour or so in front of the telly resulted in a couple of painted moccasins that are passable as a pair to the casual eye. I also blended the putty work into the surrounding woodwork (sort of, might need some more work).

I still need to hide the putty around his wrists, some minor details and touch-ups then I could probably call this one done.

IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0687.JPG

Edit: changed the photos for some with my worklight turned off. They are just as crap but at least the colours and contrast are a bit more accurate.
  4. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is a stunning piece.(y)
    anstontyke and Eludia like this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mark, I'm glad you like it :)
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. Buckledresin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    excellent work all round chap (y)(y)
  7. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Paul (y)
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is looking very nice.
    I particularly like the photos in the new dark box.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great work Billy. Its really coming along nicely.
  10. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys, your kind comments are greatly appreciated, I'm glad you like it :)
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    simply stunning

tony
    Eludia likes this.
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tony. You'll be able to see it at Southwell next year probably, pop by the West Norfolk stand and say hello :)
  13. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    no problem mate, will definitly be showing my ugly mug there again.:whistle:
    Eludia likes this.
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He's getting there, I think he'll be done this weekend....probably.....maybe ;)

I've made a cord for the powder horn from Apoxie and added a bit of dirt to his leggings and moccasins as well as finishing off the touch-ups that needed doing. The jury's still out on the warpaint, I'm quite happy with how the face looks just now and don't really want to screw it up but I've still got a nagging doubt that he needs some make-up just to finish him off.

IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG
    anstontyke likes this.
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job there, Billy - dunno why I missed this one!(y)
  16. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Steve, nice to see you looking in (y)
    anstontyke and valiant like this.
  17. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I changed my mind about the powder horn cord and chipped all the Apoxie off, it just didn't look right. Instead, I made the cord from 0.4 mm lead wire and I'm a lot happier with how it looks now.

I had a little bit of a drama while I was glueing the cord in place which involved some superglue, my left thumb and the right arm of the Indian. Needless to say it resulted in a lot of swearing, sanding and more or less a complete repaint of the upper right arm. But its all done now, let's never mention it again ;)

So he's just about done now, just some metal fittings on the powder horn to do and fit the plate then it'll be time to move on. The next post will probably be in the "Completed" section :)

DSC_3577.JPG DSC_3578.JPG DSC_3579.JPG DSC_3580.JPG DSC_3581.JPG

If you snag anything that I've missed or anything that need to have another look at then let me know (y)
    Dewi Evans and anstontyke like this.
  18. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom