1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Irish Zouave

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, May 24, 2005.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Guys.Wanted to show you the nearly complete ( sculpting stage ) Zouave. I still need to add the buttons on the vest and give the whole piece a good polishing. I also need to add all the equipment alongside. Hope you like it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Stephen Mallia
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks great so far Stephen. I can wait to see this beauty painted. Keep up the good work.
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Xenofon. I have to finish it for Boston so I can't just sit around :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  4. nagashino New Member

Hi Steve

This one looks excellent. The pose is particularly effective (I like the leg overhanging the base - nice touch). Is this to be a Boston entry?

Good stuff (y)

Regards

Phil
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Stephen........I also like the pose with the foot overhanging the base.
  6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Phil. Thanks. Yes it will be a Boston entry. BTW are you ready for a few beers when you come over ?

Stephen Mallia
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guy thanks. Will post afew more pics when it's painted

Stephen Mallia
  8. bucsfan21 Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, I really like the newest zouave! Excellent pose. What material do you use to sculpt with? I am about to take a shot at doing a one of a kind figure and have the body built up with paperclips and Historex shoes, Nemrod head and legs, middle torso, chest roughed in using A&B. I am following Bill Horan's method and am curious as to what works for the clothing, accoutrements as I have had no luck with Duro. Appreciate any direction, comments, suggestions. Wish I could see the zouave in person this coming July. But with a 9 month old son who is crawling, I think Boston is out this time around.

Best of Everything, Terry Martin
  9. nagashino New Member

Wednesday 22nd June, 1530 your time into Luqa. Any good model shops over there :lol:

See you all!

Phil
  10. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ha ha..........i've read the joke of the week......... :lol:

Quote: I have to finish it for Boston so I can't just sit around............

You'll have another figure after this one, READY for Boston, you bugger :angry:

Keep up the FAST and GOOD work...........see you tomorrow ;)

Ray.
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Nice job on the zouave. The foot hanging off thebase is a nice touch.~Gary
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work man! Looks like you getting into these zouave's!
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen, looks great, can't wait to see it in Boston.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Terry , thanks for your comments. I mainly use magic sculpt for the clothing and all other sculpting. For details i use a mix of Duro /MS. I hope this is of help. If you need or have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask, even privately

Stephen Mallia
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Phil, do you have transport ready at the airport.If not tell me and I'll be waiting.

Stephen Mallia
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Anders , it's true that I'm really getting into these Zouaves. Since my main period of interest is the napoleonic it may be that I associate these exotic uniforms with those of that period.

Stephen Mallia
  17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Great work, Stephen! Keep them Zoauves com'in!!

Jason
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Jason.Will I se your dio in the flesh in Boston ?

Stephen Mallia
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,

I can't make it to Boston this year :lol: I wish i good. But it is to far to drive. ;)
    I shell see the finished work when the picture's of the show comes to the planet.
    For now it is a great sculpting.

Marc
  20. y_wong New Member

Dear Stephen,

Your figure is great. I like the relaxed pose. Looking forward to your painting of the figure.

regards :)