1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Iraqi Insurgent #1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Here is one of several Iraqi Insurgents I am doing for Warriors.

This guy is acctually pretty generic and could be used as a Palestinian or IRA guy as well. I didnt have any AK-47's so I opted to use a Nam Era M-16, and yes, I have picures of them used in Iraq!

This dude is spraying his weapon around a corner trying not to be vunerable to bullets himeslf.

Attached Files:

2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    ;)

Attached Files:

3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    :)

Attached Files:

4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    :lol:

Attached Files:

5. Pete_H New Member

Perhaps it's the picture, but there are a couple of things I'd recommend:
    1. rotate the left foot counterclockwise a bit more. This way, it would appear as if he's leaning towards his left to get his rifle around that pesky corner.
    2. tilt the head a bit downwards and rotate it slightly to the left. This would make it look like he's focusing on "someone" over the corner.

The drapery on the trousers, particularly the left leg, look good (y) Will we ever see a Fedayeen wearing Gordy's 1/35 "Darth Saddam" helmet?
  6. Patrick Kirk New Member

Anders,
    I can't tell from the picture if you have a headband on him...I have attached a picture that might help.

Good luck on this...

All the best

Patrick

Attached Files:

7. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Get rid of the M-16 and give him an AK-47 and also make sure that he holding the weapon. Mrosko
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,

I would have to agree with some of the changes and I would also have the weapon butt in the crook/forearm of the arm as well. I have fired this weapon many, many times and I promise you he will only get a shot or two off before he has to regrab it or pick it up. On the postive side the folds are looking better and look foward to seeing more of your work.

Joe
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the honest comments!

I need to rework the left hand like mrosko said.

As for the butt thing, I dont know how that would be physically possible to do, there are tons of vids out there where they are just shoving the barrel around the corner, spray a few bursts and then pull back in. I will check it though as it does make a whole lot of sense.

Thanks again guys! Appreciate the honest feed back.
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Super figure Anders.....much needed subject matter too
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,

I know where you are going on the figure and maybe by just raising up the right arm it may make it work.

Joe
  12. Mike McGregor Member

are the insurgents still in the works? can you post an update?

thanks.
    Mike