1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"into the breech" PART 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Jun 15, 2004.

1. Larry R New Member

Awesome work Gary, looking at your stuff makes me want to get started sooner on the stuff you gave me...
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Jason (y) (y) (y) !! I'll definitely be following this thread closely. BTW,any comments on my latest WW1 German vignette ? Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guy's! Will post pic's of figure number 2 soon. :)

Kenneth, I sent you a PM ;)
  5. Larry R New Member

Sorry Jason, I get confused by all the great work I see here! My apoligies. Thanks Joe.
  6. Einion Well-Known Member

Looks great Jason, nice work. I think his chest is a little on the thin side compared with the neck but given some of the physiques you see in period photos it's sure to match someone! Is this MagicSculp by the way?

Einion
  7. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Looks good, Jason. I really like the hat you've sculpted. As for the box plates and breast plates, they were undoubtedly lost while on campaign and it wouldn't be "wrong" to leave them off. Other little things you might include are trousers with torn knees, a torn canteen cover, things like that to give even more of a campaign feel.

Kreston
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Larry! Can't wait to see some originals from you.

Einion, yes it's MS

Kreston, I Like the idea of torn trousers. I worked in some with this figure, along with his jacket at the seam. The last figure will be give the "treatment", with torn trousers and open jacket and possibly a hole in the hat. We'll see how it goes.

I have a few more details to add, such as the bayonet scabbard tip, shoe strings, etc.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, WOW! you nailed it my friend, he looks great.~Gary
  10. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Each one is better than the last! Terrific job Jason. I sepecially like the jacket on this latest one.
  11. Manfred Active Member

:eek: (y)

Love your crisp work.
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary, John and Manfred! I'll be starting the last figure tomorrow.

Any ideas for a Confederate companion vignette?
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, I admire your ability to complete something in such a short time, I would be so lucky. Anyway, how about some Western Confederates at the Battle of Franklin. It would be neat to see a "blue flag with a white moon", or maybe a Columbus Depot jacket or two.~Gary
  14. jitch0t Member

Spain
    are you sure it's not a commercial kit??? ;)

looking great as always, Jason!
  15. Patrick Kirk New Member

Jason,
    Gotta agree with Daniel...will these bea-uts be offered commercially? ;)

All the best

Patrick
  16. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Jason
    I agree with others
    Terrific work,mate!
    I'd be very pleased,too,if this figures were available.
    best regards
    jaume
  17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Awe, that sounds good Gary! But I'm not sure if I want to do another "action" scene. Painting a "Hardee" flag would be cool though. I like the idea of Western Confederates, maybe a mid-war/Chickamauga time frame. I'll have to check out some of Rick Reeve's paintings for inspiration.

Daniel and Patrick, thanks fella's, but these are "one-off's". In the near future I plan offering a comercial figure. Just need to break away from originals and concentrate on sculpting heads and weapons...the toughest part of sculpting in MHO. Also, engineering a figure for production has to be an art in itself!

Thanks Jaume, it would be great to see you paint an ACW figure!

Thanks again! I appreciate all the kind words.
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Maybe you could do a vignette of some Western Confederates halted along a section of road engaged in various activities while taking a break during a long march.~Gary
  19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Jason,beautiful work, the sculpting is superb.(y)
    I too would like to know if this kit will be mass produced.

Keep the good work.

Roc. :)
  20. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Roc! No, sorry, this will not be a kit. Someday I hope to "engineer" a figure for production. MUCH more practice is needed first!

Right now I'm content w/ building originals ;)

Thanks for the kind words my friend.