1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Inniskilling Fusiliers Plume 1881-1903 Information HELP.

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by mick3272, Mar 7, 2017.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Greetings,
    I have always been of the opinion that the busby plume for the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers was French Gray.
    I have just read two articles stating that authorisation for the Gray plume was not given until 1903.

So my question is.:- 1, What was the colour between 1881 & 1903. or did they wear a Gray plume during this time and it was not authorised until 1903.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
    Mick
  2. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pre 1902 only the Northumberland Fusiliers had a plume. So I would have to check but I don't believe they had one til 03.

Martin
    napoleonpeart and mick3272 like this.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Martin,
    That explains it. I have been doing a little more research Looking/ Checking the other Fusilier Regiments
    and you are correct Plumes didn't come into use until after the boer war.
    Thanks for your help and confirmation.
    Mick