1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

infatuate II the liberation of northern Walcheren

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by langeler, Dec 31, 2010.

1. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    In the first week of november 1944 in the battle of the Schelde, after landing on Westkapelle, Belgian and Norwegian Commando's liberated the northern part of the Isle Walcheren. Lots of inhabitants were evacuated in the costal region between Westkapelle and Vrouwenpolder due to the inundation of the Isle as a result of massive bombardments in oktober.

In this diorama I will try to reproduce a moment of engagements between the Belgian Commando's and some inhabitants on a farm between the villages of Domburg and Oostkapelle in that first exciting week of november 1944. The picture shows the raw design of the farm (Reality in Scale). In the follow up the commando's, the inhabitants, some rural elements and a typical Zeeuws horse will take place and form

Attached Files:

2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great idea, looks to be quite large based on your layout (y)
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Got your email Ton, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing this come together, with the history lesson of course.

Roger.
  4. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    yep, i think it will be effort to find the balance in it all. I was thinking of six figures and the horse but it's possible that during the process it will be less.
    Thanks for the comments. I'll keep you informed.
    Ofcourse these commando's landed together with the british who first went south to Zoutelande but later reinforced the battleweary belgian and norwegian troops.
    Quiet exciting I'm living nowadays in the middle of this area, with a mother in law who saw it all.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hallo Tom,
    Vanuit het oorlogsgebied Lewedorp (je wilt hier nu niet zijn) wens ik je het allerbeste voor 2011.
    Dat is nogal wat, een stukje Walcherse geschiedenis tot leven brengen.
    Ik ga dit topic op de voet volgen.

Marc
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I have that farmhouse kit by Reality in Scale also, and I will follow your topic to see how uou finish the farmhouse :)
    Also it's one of my favourite periods in history, the liberation of Belgium and Holland in 1944.
  7. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks Johan,

What are you making of the farmhouse?
    Come across any problems/solutions?

I'll keep the Thread up to date.

Ton.
  8. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Update 29 jan 2011.
    Just finished the "Zeeuws Paard" en the civilian coming out of the toilethouse. They will take their places in the diorama. Still spending a lot of time with historical details like the crops they used to have in that particular time, the way the people where dressed, colors of the woodwork and the brickwork, the curtains, the way they had their frontgardens. Quiet a research.

Attached Files:

mil-mart, pmfs and billyturnip like this.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ton,
    I have the book (Sloedam) with alot of pictures in it...its from the other part of our province but a good reference.

Marc
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking forwards to the next installment.
    Carl.
  11. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    thanks for the offer Marc, perhaps I can look it in the next time we visit Antwerp.
    I'm starting now to work on the farmer couple that will stand in the doorway and the groundwork (road and garden)
    Hope to find some time because I'll join the painters course this month.
    I'll report asap on this subject.
    I saw the movie Defiance about the Bielski Brothers in WW2 in the woods of Poland.
    Think that is a good subject for my next diorama. A wooden shelter in the woods, some jewisch women and children in a domestic scene with the three brothers in a guarding position around them.
    Any tips/idea's are welcome,
  12. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  13. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    sorry, doubled this message and i don't know how to remove one
  14. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    again I did not succees in deleting a post, perhaps some one can help me out. (couldn't find the option under edit)
    billyturnip likes this.
  15. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    I finished road and the tiles around the farm. Posed the unpainted farmer and his tiny wife in the doorway. Ready to listen to the belgian commando's who came from the road to their farm. Strangers but yet so welcome. As the most belgian from that unit spoke french and the others where norwegian language might have been a problem.

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Its looking allready great Ton.
    Looking forward to see it in reality.

marc
  17. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    finished the painting on the farm and the road.
    next I will do some plants and groundwork, the tree and the bench

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work Ton.
    Are you going to Antwerp the 5th of April.
    Bring it with you.