1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Industrial ruin scenery-upcoming release of "Legacy Miniatures"

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Dimmu Borgir, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Dear friends my name is Christos Apostolopoulos and i worked sometime ago with Pegaso models as an architectural and sceneries sculptor.Find here: http://www.pegasomodels.com/products_en.asp?idartista=26 (plus the civil war trench) some of my works with Pegaso.I present you my new work for a new Greek company by the name "Legacy Miniatures" based in Athens.
    The scenery is in 1/35-54mm scale and it is an industrial ruin ideal for WWII figures (Alpine,Mantis,Tank,Dragon Models,Evolution,Master Box,Miniart,Stalingrad etc) and any fantasy/zombie/post-apocalyptic theme.
    It is made mostly with evergreen plastic sheet and corc for the base and plaster plate engraved with scriber for the brickwork.Magic sculpt was used to create groundwork and plastic bricks from Evergreen square strip , clock gear ,plastic bolts and nuts, wire,brass tubes of various sizes were used for the debris.I hope you like it and i will post as soon as possible the box-art painted version.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Everything was sprayed with Gunze-Sangyo Mr. Surfacer 1000 for checking and unification of all the materials.Thanks in advance, waiting for your comments.
    pmfs, Martin Vlcek, Meehan34 and 4 others like this.
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!!!A+++
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice base.

Marc
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb work.
    Carl.(y)
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  5. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Christos, Marc, Carl thank you very much for the comments.They are much appreciated(y)
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    excellent! great to see something that can be used for futuristic scenes.
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  7. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Very nice, I like it! As you said the base could very well be used with any Stalker post apocalyptic figures... cool!

BTW, it would be great if you could add a 1/35 scale figure to the scene so we can evaluate the size of the base better. What do you think?

Mario
    Dimmu Borgir and Meehan34 like this.
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Top class work, my friend; very nice (y) (y)(y) !!!
    I assume the final product will be in resin? Will it be a multi-part item and what is the estimated cost of 1 set :D ?
    Cheers !
    Kenneth.
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  9. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    very very nice, i would love to see bases like this in 1/16th scale too
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  10. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Dear friends, thank you for your kind words.
    Mike this is exactly what i wanted , to have a universal/generic piece.
    Mario the base is about 6.5X6 cm and 12-13cm high with a piece of it purposly hanging out of the base(if the base will be square 6X6cm).I am afraid i can not post a photo with a figure cause the master is not in my hands anymore.
    Kenneth the final product will be in resin, and it is multi-part(the wall is a seperate piece)as for the cost i do not know yet but i am sure it will be in reasonable terms.
    John, thanks a lot.I am afraid that 1/16th bases are not so popular but i will keep it mind for the future.
    Hope i covered everything, ......more to come soon:sneaky:
  11. Martin Vlcek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Good work (y) , very nice base. Cheers Martin
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  12. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  13. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Good Luck! It looks really good!
    Dimmu Borgir likes this.
  14. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Martin, Carlos and arxo(Bill) thank you very much for your comments!