1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ok, here's Indy. The pics were a little rushed. Cleaning our old quarters today. There are a few things I need to fix where I, once again, messed up in a few places. I like to think I can fix more figures than most people can paint (y) . As far as the leather jacket goes, it isn't quite the color I was looking for. I started adding yellow ochre to lighten up the orange brown. I was trying to end up with a different look to the jacket but I'm satisfied with it none the less. I'm not going to repaint it now. Anyway, here it is. Tell me what you think.

Hold on, I'm having a problem with the pics. I don't want to type this again, so I'll add the pics in a response.

Jim Patrick
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jim,
    I like it, especially the leather,nice highlights and shadows.

Roc. :)
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent job Jim.......Love the leather...looks real......He is going to turn out great.
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Jim, what can I say?! it's incredible, i love it! Hello Mr. Harrison Ford!!

The color of the leather is perfect!! Acrylics? can I borrow your mix? ;)
  6. Bryon Ray New Member

United-States
    Very, very nice!
  7. olly_usafsoc New Member

:eek: :lol: EXCELLENT!!!!! i love it
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim

He's looking very nice indeed. looking forward to seeing Dad next!

Rob
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thank you everyone. Looking back at the pictures I think I had the lights either too close to the figure or something. A little more washed out than I'd hoped for.
    Daniel, thank you. All the paints I used for the jacket are Vallejo as they sometimes tend to dry with a slight sheen and this is exactly what I was looking for with leather. The colors I used were:

Base- #871 (leather)
    Highs- Mixed #929 (light brown) gradually untill there was only pure 929. Then I added a little #913 (yellow ochre) for a faded look. Like I said here though, another technique to use would be to increase the 929 without adding any water to your highlights you already established. This would make the paint less transparent working more towards an orangish finish rather than a yellowish finish.
    For the shadows, I added Andrea Flat black as I feel theirs dries flatter and I wanted a difference between highlights and shadows as far as a sheen finish and a flat finish are concerned. Also, for a lighter shade of leather (i.e. a WWII bomber suit with different panels) try adding either #940 (saddle brown) or #875 (brown beige). Both of which are a reddish brown hue. Sorry to get so lengthy ;) .

Hope this helps, Jim
  10. fsdesimone Member

Jim (or anyone else who might know): that's not the same head they used on the "Adventurer" figure that's supposed to be Indy cracking the whip, is it? This looks a lot more like him.

Francesca
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    different heads Francesca. I agree it does look better but in my opinion, Sean Connery is far better of a resembelance. I don't know who is doing the Sean Connery sculpting but whoever it is, they have it down. I think there are 4-6 figures of him and all look very close.
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Nice paintjob. That's a really neat figure. The tie flapping over his shoulder and the whip are a great touch.~Gary
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

Nice job on Indy! I look forward to seeing SR! Will you have him at MFCA?

Joe
  14. jitch0t Member

Spain
    thanks so much Jim, i'll use that mix.

I'll ask who sculpted Mr Connery.