1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Indian Mutiny Cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elanlane13, Jun 26, 2007.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Below should be some pictures of an officer of Punjab cavalry in the Indian Mutiny. He is in 1/72nd scale = 23mm. He will be accompanied by two troopers. This is work in progress, comments gratefully received.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great action, Robert! 1/72nd!!! How do you do that!!!??? My eyes complain about 120mm!!!

Very good detail considering the scale!

My favorite is still your BOB RAF pilot!

All the best,
    Dan
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice. Wow! You must be young, my eyes would go nuts trying something so small. Are you planning anything in a larger scale?~Gary
  4. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Gary and Dan, thank you for your comments. This scale does involve alot of lens work, so working periods are limited. I'm also working on a medieval figure in 54mm at present
  5. dinovision79 Active Member

Hungary
    Hi Robert,

what a sculpt! Amazing amount of details, really cool!
    Have you checked photos of running horses? Not sure, but I think horses don't have this position of hinders when running, one is always at least little ahead of the other.
    Anyhow, it's a little gem, is it gonna be a commercial piece?

Cheers
    Denes
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very fine figure !!
  7. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Well done

Hi Robert
    Great detail for the scale :eek:. Well done.
    Pete
  8. Jon Metters Member

Awsome!!!

I'm a huge 1/72 fan. Will this be available to the public at some point???

Best,

Jon Metters
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you all for your posts.:)
    Denes, I used several horse references for this pose including two that showed sequences of photos for a horse galloping. I think I have got it right but it is years since I last rode a horse (Badly!). I will refer to my references again.
    Jon, I am working on this piece for a magazine in the UK, it will be with two others as a vignette. It was not sculpted for production I'm afraid.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Robert,
    WOW. What a great job.
    Cheers
    John
  11. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    John, thank you for your comments. I hope to post pictures of the next one soon.