1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Indian Mutiny cavalry sculpting finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elanlane13, Aug 4, 2007.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Three cavalry figures finished at last! They are in 1/72nd scale = 23mm. I have included an image with a cm/mm ruler for size. All comments welcome, before I get the brushes out.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work !!! I don;t understand how you can see to sculpt details in such small scale !!!! I cannot even paint them !!!!!
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful. Are they going to be available commercially?
  4. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Costas, sculpting in this scale involves lots of work with a lens, so 1 hour sessions before eye strain sets in! I hope I can paint them:rolleyes:
  5. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Get out of here!

1/72 scale, what are you doing to me! I can't even roll two balls of milliput the same size. How can you do such great work in such a small scale.

Remind me not to look at your work anymore, as I may give up modelling.

Well done :)
    Ryally
  6. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Steve, thank you for your comments. They were made for a magazine article for the UK. I have worked commercially in this scale before, but with modern subjects. I'm not sure a company would think this period/scale was commercial.
  7. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Paul, thank you for your comments. I enjoy working in this scale, though these are my first mounted figures. It does help to be working on another piece in a larger scale at the same time, as you can only do a little at a time.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Robert
    How long have you needed to sculp that figures??? I am not able to paint figure in that scale and you sculp them wiht so fine details.

Like Ryally I think I stop modelling figures and busts :D

Ulrich
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Ulrich, thank you for your comments. The sculpting time is less than for a 54mm figure, but as they are so small you can only do a little at a time, or you mess up an area you have worked on!
  10. evofive New Member

England
    Amazing work, incredible detail on such small figures, horses and figures look great, well proportioned and really well posed.
    Maurice
  11. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Maurice, thank you for your comments, I used an old BMSS guide to horse movement as a starting point for the poses.
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    As always, Robert, marvelous! Your gift for sculpting in this itty-bitty scale is outstanding! I think you ought to try these on the commercial market. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  13. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    It's amazing how you can sculpt at this scale. Very nice.
    Chris C
  14. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Yes, it's great. The turban and the hair of the horses have such a fine structure!

Lennart
  15. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Awesome work, Robert. The scale your workin' in makes me appreciate it so much more.
  16. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Dan, Chris and Lennart, thank you for your comments.

Dan in the past, when I did some commercial sculpting, I produced afew 1/76 AFV crews and 1/72 pilots, amongst other things in larger scales, most unavailable now! At the moment I like producing what I want to do, rather than what someone else want's me to sculpt. Though I must admit I did get great pleasure seeing other people's interpretaions of my figures, who knows:confused:
    I have huge admiration for the commercial sculptors working today, the quality is excellent overall.
  17. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Paul thank you for your comments. I hope to have these done for Euro, will you be going?
  18. Manfred Active Member

I see green stuff follows your supreme will quite well :)

Excellent and delicate work. Horses are excellent, too. In the views without the ruler I would have guessed the scale to be around 35mm and up. These really should be painted.

I do a bit of work on 30mm upwards and yes you can only do very little and I get distracted easily...
  19. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Manfred, thank you for your comments. I hope to begin painting them today.
  20. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    amazing stuff made by the hands of a demi-god