1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Incoming Masterpiece from Pegaso

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by milminwh, Nov 26, 2005.

1. milminwh Member

Greetings,
    Regarding this new figure, although the pricing is not available yet, and normally I would not stock this product (I only do US history!), I am making a limited time offer as a "thank you" for the patronage I continually receive from pF members, and would like to give back to this community ('tis the season!)
    For any member who is interested, kindly send me an e-mail at milminwh@optonline.net, and I will forward additional information.
    Regards,
    John
    Military Miniatures Warehouse

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks John,

I am sure many of us ( myself included ) will take you up on this generous offer.

Best of holidays,
    Guy
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, thanks for the kind gesture. Not many distributors make such an off, if at all. I'm sure there are at least a few Pf members that will partake. Thanks.~Gary
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for yor service to us. I'd love to get my hands on that figure, but I doubt SWMBO will let me even think about it this time of year, but I have been a good boy. ;)
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, thank you very much, I really appreciate the wonderful offer and please count me in.
    I just sent you an e-mail.

Happy Holidays,
    Roc.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Compliments from our friends at Lilliput Forum.

Box art painted by Diego Ruina

Attached Files:

7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    *speechless*
  8. Cbl12886 New Member

Holy #$%@. That is one awesome piece.
  9. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    the thing about Diego painting it is I know I am never ever going to be able to make it look any better than it does when he has done it,

Great figure great paint job

Robin
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I know the feeling Robin.......I have not purchased several of the Pegaso figures he has done the box art for because I know I could never duplicate his intricate painting. Ivan the Terrible is one of my favorites............but would have to be painted much plainer that Diego's.
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well even if i am not going to paint it in the 10% of Diego's result , i will definately lay brushes on this the first day i will get it !!!! Andrea Jula did really great work on this one !!!!!!! And Diego finished the Picture !!!!!!

Amazing
  12. EasyOff Member

Thanks for posting picture Guy. I can't stop looking at it. I want one so bad, I love the scale too.

John
  13. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    anyone know how much this bad boy is going to cost?????
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    where is his face?...... :lol:
  15. MPA New Member

Yes the painting is very good, but what is it of it is neither a Templar Brother knight nor is it a Templar Sergeant. The Templars reserved white surcoats and mantles for the Knights of the order and gray, brown or black for the Sergeants. This was set down in the rule and you would not have had a sergeant in a white surcoat, and I beleive it very unlikly that a Knight of the order would wear the dark mantle of a sergeant.

Michael
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  17. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the close ups, much better.

Guys, you shouldn't be discouraged by the box art, you don't have to duplicate anybody's box art, paint it in your own style and have fun doing it. ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I totally agree with Roc. I use the boxart most of the time as an assembly and painting guide and nothing more. If I was trying to reproduce it, then I would probably not started this hobby. We paint figures because we enjoy our style, technique, and final results of ours.

Xenofon
  20. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

This is a superb figure with brilliant proporsions, what can I say just a beauty.

I am a big fan of Diego Ruina’s painting style and quality, but that will never stop me from having this in my collection. I think its great that a company as big as Pegaso has such a quality painter in its ranks, I much prefer to see a quality painted figure from a manufacturer, and this is quality. A good quality figure can only be complimented by good quality painting, not a bad thing in the manufacturers eyes. Seeing this makes me want to paint the figure in my own style and paint it better than the last figure I painted.

I will be purchasing this one, as soon as possible

Dave