1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Inara, 1/6 scale from Firefly series

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Ethan, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    I painted this head sculpt of Inara, (Morena Baccarin); at the same time as I was doing River but for some reason this one took literally half the time! Again, this was a repaint and I still lost a touch of detail in the magnificient sculpt by Trevor Groves but it just seemed to go together really well.

DSC_0009-1.jpg DSC_0010-1.jpg DSC_0011-1.jpg DSC_0012-1.jpg
    Meehan34 likes this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Love Firefly, love Inara, love love Morena
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Very nice, great results.

You've done a great job on her!

Visually, Inara would be a joy to paint, all those colours & textures!

Where can we see more of these figures? Faces are great, torsos would be nice too!
    Keep up the great work,

Cheers
  4. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    The figures are part of the system used by Sideshow Toys and Hot Toys. these collectible companies make figures similar in style to the old GI Joes that we used to get as kids. the bodies are all basically the same, poseable etc. and the head sits on a joint. Real clothes cover the body to add a styled dimension to the figure. If you want to see more of this stuff go to
    www.sideshowcollectors.com

I am doing this purely for the painting. My little brother who lives with me, collects these figures and had all of these custom head lying around so I decided it would be a good experience to paint em!
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Waiting for Kaylee at her girl next door best!

Colin
  7. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Haha Colin! I'm working on her right now! She will be my first airbrushing experience.
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Can't wait....Jewell puts me in a Staite.

Colin:whistle:
    Jamie Stokes and Ethan like this.