1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Controversial! +13 In view of the UK weather

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Helm, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
  2. Airkid A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO:
    Touch wood - we've had none here but I'm not getting complacent - it's certainly cold enough.

Phil
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Power outages?
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Only jealous.
    I still dream of white Christmases. Norway 1992.jpg
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Belgium last sunday in the Ardennes

avenir-neige.jpg
    Blind Pew and Helm like this.
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I love the Ardennes. Used to go there at least a couple of times a year for long weekends when I lived in Germany, it was about a 4 hour drive from where I lived down on the edge of the Black Forest. The first visit was to do a "Bulge" battlefield tour with a pal of mine who was visiting from the UK. But after that I kept going back because it's such a beautiful place.

One year I got caught there in just such a snowstorm when driving home for Christmas. It was the worst I've ever driven in. But (unlike Hitler's Panzers in 1944 ) I managed to battle through to the coast.

- Steve
    Blind Pew and Helm like this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    FB_IMG_1609323945414.jpg

Shopping in Idaho
    Viking Bob, Nap, Old Pete and 2 others like this.
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Busts ?!!!
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry .... you've lost me! :confused:

- Steve
  11. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Blimey, Carl with hair!
    You AMF(L) boys certainly knew how to live, didn't you?...…..I've hated snow ever since I got frostbite on a Wintex in Germany in Feb 1981. Boots DMS were useless!
  12. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Try DH ski racing at -20C in a ski suit w no underwear...David Niven in his autobiography had a funny bit about skiing, getting cold, and warming certain important parts of the male anatomy in a champagne glass...we have lived and worked in extreme cold where vehicles had to be left running, plugged in 24/7..at least our homes, vehicles are set up for it wrt insulation and such..altho where we lived when I retired in 2013 ..a converted forestry station, the power went out every storm and we relied on wood stove..and routinely tossed the freezer contents when the outages lasted days..as well, avalanche control meant the helicopters dropping charges half km away that shook the building..kinda nice to now like a soft life where someone else plow s, shovels..we still get dumps..as is case today w 25cm..
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lost my hair and gained a belly.:sneaky:(y)
    Chris Oldfield, grasshopper and Helm like this.
  14. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Sorry this was for the picture from Peedee
  15. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah OK - now I see :LOL:. No worries.

- Steve
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Odessa this evening...

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    grasshopper likes this.
  17. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Beautiful...grey and dull..20cm heavy snow falling here...yuck
    Martin Rohmann likes this.