1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

In progess US Infantryman OIF

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pete Wenman, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Guys hi

Some in progress shots. 1/35th Figure from Think One-Eighty (35001)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just need to paint and add the Molle equipment, hands, and dust up the knee pads a bit more.

Great figure. I just need to work out how to paint MARPAT so I can do a Marine to go with him

Pete
  2. johnnyboy New Member

pete lookin lovely bro.i am really intrested in this 180 studios stuff how is it.keep us posted man.thanks johnny
  3. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking good, Pete! Are you going to do anything to the goggles to make the lens look clear?

Johnny. The T180 figures are pretty good. True 1/35 I'd say, well cast. I'm working on the SF guy in Afghanistan with a new head ("Cowboy" style). I also got the M4 weapons set (very useful and beautifully cast). This figure has 2 helmets, one without a cover. I'd recommend them to anyone interested in this conflict.

Check out Colorado Miniatures site - theres a pic of another new figure there.

Rob
  4. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Rob hi

I picked up the first four figures plus the M4 set, all little gems. Let me know if you want to order the next batch of releases, and maybe we can double up on the order and save on the P&P.

Like you I'm also working on the SF figure, and I have just added a tee shirt, just to make him a little different.

Johnny as Rob says these are great figures, if you have an interest in current figures then get these.

Pete
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Lookin' great Pete! ;)

all the best,
    Dan
  6. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Pete

sounds like a good idea! waiting for the release of the "soldiers gear" pack then I'll be in.

BTW, did you see the pics on militaryphotos.net of the SF guys?
  7. Lucas New Member

Hey Pete....
    he looks great. I be loking forward.... :)

all the best from me to

Lucas
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Pete, that is one very nice looking figure (y) . I especially like how your uniform colors turned out. Whar colors did you use?

Jim Patrick
  9. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Rob hi

Yes the Militaryphotos.net site is a great reference.

[IMG]

this is what gave me the idea for the tee shirt.

[IMG]

Jim

I use Andrea paints, rather than Vallejo, as they give a better matt finish. I'll sort through them a let you know what used a bit later.

Pete
  10. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Jim

I use Andrea paints, as I like the very flat finish the give

base colour 3x AC39 Beige + 1x AC59 Confederate Grey
    green 1x AC39 Beige + 1x AC49 Lime Green + a little Confederate Grey, so as to ensure the green and base colour are very similar
    brown AC42 Brown Leather

HTH

Pete
  11. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Guys h

Nearing completion.

The eagle eyed among you will note that the body armour has been repainted. After 3 attempts I was eventually happy with it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Started work on a base to put the pose of the figure in some kind of context. Idea is for it to be a shabby alley in downtown Iraq, with a burst of fire having been released at the squaddie as he left the cover of the wall.

[IMG]

all comments welcome

Pete
  12. rdclaeps New Member

Pete,

Very nice work on the 35001. I’m getting ready to prime this one up this evening. I agree, the detail and casting is outstanding. What colors did you use for the woodland camo? Roger
  13. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Roger hi

For the woodland camo, all paints from Andrea

Green AC56 Aviation Green

Brown AC17 Dark Brown

AC15 Oche

AC26 Black

These colours work pretty well straight from the bottle. It has been a long time
    since I painted a camoflaged uniform, and I'd forgotten what a pain it can be.

Pete
  14. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking Good Pete

Dave
  15. rdclaeps New Member

Thanks Pete.

Roger