1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Imperial Guard Chasseur Officer firing pistol

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Nap Moderator

England

They were all joined for fitting into place so all have been replaced and in position ....working on strap ends and buckles

That's life eh !

Nap
    Oda and Jimbo like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Verbal update

Sword and sabretache straps all painted ,detailed up , cut to correct length and pinned ready to fit into place ....happy days

On a less happy note ...the front part of leopard skin had come away from actual horse ....needing reworking and once sorted repainted

.......this animal is fighting all the way ....LOL

Onwards and upwards

Nap
    Oda and DaddyO like this.
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Feel your pain mate, but sometimes they just won't take it laying down you have to keep beating them until the end ;)

Nearly there now though, keep going (y)

Leggy
    Nap likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Cheers Leggy ....this ones certainly not laying down , took a lot of infil with putty ....will finish the rider off first and then concentrate on the beast !

Talking of beast wil use these when I get to horse , thinking about getting some black electrical tape for the reins ?

IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0265.JPG

Unlikely it will make Bugle Call but trying

It's definitely a challenge and I have learnt new swear words as well !

Currently working on the pelisse fur ....white as well ......any suggestions how you would do it ?

See you soon

Busty
    Oda likes this.
  5. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Morning Busty

Glad to here that you are learning new things (if only new swear words ;)) and good to hear about you pressing on to the finish. Look forward to seeing it when you eventually beat it into submission.

Never used electrical tape myself but lots of folks do so it sounds like a good choice. Give the size I'd probably look at tie fishing lead strip which comes ready cut in a range of widths and should have a nice hang to it. (I'll have a rummage to see it I've got some which I can pop in the post for you)

My go to colours for white are deck tan, off white and german camoflauge beige. (Deck tan mixed with a bit of off white for the base colour) Gives a nice easy range of 'whites'. Lately I've been using other mixes knowing I can always go back to them. (Used them on the boots of the recent Rindi figure. For a cooler white I use off white mixed with light grey and purple for base and something like neutral grey for darks (Rindi coat)

Currently painting a browny white on a new figure using the scale 75 tubes which is looking good (beige + touch of grey green and some of the darkest brown from the andrea paint set + off white. Going from the andrea brown darks to off white lights)

That should give you a few ideas anyway :D

Speak to you soon
    Leggy
    Oda and Nap like this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Looks very good Nap.... I envy your determination I wish I still had....

Wayne
    Nap likes this.
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    thats coming along very nicely
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Wayne ..hoping to have finished by now ......but it's getting there

Managing to begin to match in rework on the horse ......patience between the colours

Cheers Steve

The pelisse white fur is coming along nicely

Stay tuned as they say

Couldn't resist sharing this picture ......Napoleonic at its best IMO

IMG_0272.JPG

Nap
    Oda and khollar like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Update on this ......

Added the hook up on the belt as well as cutting out gaps to pin the belts in ( sword ones pinned on outer two , sabretache on the middle , once both in place will "sculpt" eagle detail bosses to cover gaps nicely

IMG_0227.jpg IMG_0228.jpg

New belts added and painted and pins drilled ready to fit ....cheers to Leggy for the metal stripping ...will also be used for reins ....

IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0224.jpg

Pelisse fully finished including lining ...tried to get a bit of texture ...there are white stitching around edging , ...mostly hidden when in place

Fur edging is virtually all same around ! with pure white only for highs ...not the best pics !

IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0226.jpg

Click on pics for larger images ...believe me it doesn't look too bad

Horse will be next once figure fully finished ...next on the uniform green

Thanks for looking

All comments welcome

Nap
    DaddyO, KenBoyle, Henk and 3 others like this.
  10. Oda A Fixture

Some very skilled brushwork over there.No doubt about that!

Oda.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Thank you for the comment ....

A lot of patient brushwork but it's getting there

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have used electrical tape for reins but not really happy with it, as Paul says, lead comes in various widths from fishing suppliers.

Troutcatchers.co.uk

flat-lead-strip-l-zoom.jpg
    sold in 1mm or 2mm widths they also sell lead wire.

in the search box just enter 'lead'
    DaddyO, Nap and Oda like this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Bob

That's the stuff Leggy sent me , thanks for link as well ...lots of useful stuff there

This model will not be finished for BC though

Nap
    Viking Bob likes this.
  14. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And the award for "Understatement of the year" goes too....

You really are pulling out all the stop with this one Kev. Superb work on the pellise and the lace.

See you in Nailsea next week.
    Oda and Viking Bob like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England

Thanks Henk ...once it's together it's going to look not too bad

See you at BC .

Nap
    Oda and Viking Bob like this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Bit of a verbal update from me

Gloves all done ......in the process I broke plume ...it's pinned thankfully ...so out came putty ....now drying ....once that's repainted it's the face then finish off horse , nameplate ....and then onto the French Mary

To keep me going ...below a great picture ...Imperial Guard Horse Chasseur Officer (Alphonse Lalauze)

Happy days

Nap

IMG_0429.JPG
    KenBoyle likes this.
  17. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

I think this finished masterpiece should be your Xmas pressie to yourself pal!;)
    You could even wrap it up for the WOW factor:p
    Cheers on all your efforts pal! It's going to be a belter!
    All the best from sunny... NOT... perfect for painting... Cumbria!
    Jonathan
  18. Nap Moderator

England

Hopefully 2021 Christmas not next ....lol

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  19. Cannonball A Fixture

This is coming on great guns Nap. Great attention to detail and references as always.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  20. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nap, the drawing of gripping the reins was taken from an early Historex catalogue, which Bryan Fosten illustrated. He was called to task by Eugene Leiepvre for this ,as it is the "British" grip, whereas the French is shown better in the painting by Lalauze above. Didn't want you beating yourself up threading reins through fingers !:LOL: Lovely work BTW, coming on beautifully.

Alan
    DaddyO and Nap like this.