1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Imperial Gallery Redcoat from Culloden

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Redcoat from Culloden

main1a.jpg main2a.jpg
    This is one of the latest busts sent to me by Rob Hardwick of the Imperial Gallery. It represents a Redcoat from Culloden; it is 200mm in scale and cast in five resin parts. The bust has been sculpted by Pete Morton, painted box art by Dave Mitchell.

IMG1.jpg IMG2.jpg

All parts come supplied in a poly bag inside a ridged card board box with some very nice box art to use as a painting guide. We can see the five resin pieces that make up the kit and the parts that need to be cleaned and have mould plugs removed.

IMG3.jpg IMG6.jpg

A close up of the head from three different angles shows a good level of detail in both sculpting and casting. There is mould plug that needs to be removed from the top of the head before that hat can be attached. There is a small resin ponytail that attaches at the back of the hairline, there is a small mould plug to remove from this which is not shown in the picture, I dropped it and stood on it at the same time so my foot ended up removing it for me, a perfect break!

IMG4.jpg IMG5.jpg

The main torso of the bust has some very nice crisp detail sculpted and cast into the piece with a location point at the base for the supplied pedestal base. There is a small amount of resin removal and cleanup at the bottom of the torso but nothing to challenging.

IMG7.jpg

The hat will need careful removal of the mould block. The walls of hat are quite thick so it will not be to much of a delicate operation to remove and sand.

Conclusion:
    Another very nice release from The Imperial Gallery, nice choice of subject for anyone interested in this era of history. Well sculpted and cast with only a minimal amount of cleanup and prep work, Highly Recommended.

Availability:
    Imperial Gallery Web Site: http://www.imperialgallery.co.uk/

Cheers
    Tommi
    poch mahone, Guy, DaveCox and 2 others like this.
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Available this weekend at Euro Militaire.

Tommi