1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Imperial Austrian Army 1715 in 30mm flats.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jan 16, 2016.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    First the Dragoons. Still some work to do on the horses before moving on to the riders.
    The plan is to display them in a frame along with some infantry figures.

IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3105.JPG IMG_3106.JPG IMG_3107.JPG
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ohhh hello they look nice Roger.

Photo 2 is he holding a pipe? I can't tell.

(Packed my reading specs in my workbox, and am sitting waiting my lift to the Bolton show).

A lovely set.
    The simple frame approach you mention will work well with these I think.

Should be done by teatime:)
    Paul.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Good morning Paul, thank you. They're drumsticks he's holding. I have some cuirassiers from the same period but not sure if I'll get them all in. :(
    Have a good time at Bolton. (I've never said that before, seems a bit weird :confused:)
    peedee likes this.
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Drumsticks?

Aaaahhhhh KFC on horseback then

I'll get me coat Me lifts turned up :)
    Cheers
    P
    billyturnip likes this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    The never ending good work of our fellow Roger, can't wait to see these with some color on it.
    Cheers
    billyturnip likes this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Daniel.
    I'm still working on the horses and tack at the moment. My original plan was to paint them all as one regiment, however I'm now thinking painting them in pairs from different regiments, that way there will be a nice variety of coat and facing colours.
    MarquisMini and peedee like this.
  7. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shaping up nicely so far Roger (I like the idea about pairs too) :)

Paul
    billyturnip likes this.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Paul.
    That plan may have changed slightly, I am now thinking of painting each figure from a different regiment. :confused: Like all good plans it's flexible and subject to change at short notice. :D
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    For anyone interested these are the references I am using for this project.

The main one is Uniforms & Flags of the Imperial Austrian Army.
    imps.jpg

This is a CD and I must admit at £29.50 I thought it a bit expensive but when you look at the content, much of which is not available elsewhere, in English at least, it is an excellent resource and money well spent.

Die Kaiserliche und Kaiserlich-Königliche Österreichische Armee 1618-1849 by R. Donath, Another digital resource and available from http://www.historischer-bilderdienst.de/
    An example of what you get,
    u378-01.jpg

And finally a proper paper book, no where near as detailed as the two previously mentioned references but still useful.
    download.jpg
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice roger,will follow (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Brian, I'll post a photo of the foot grenadiers later and hopefully the infantry if they arrive today. :)
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The wife left the house 10 minutes ago to drive the youngest daughter to the station and the postman has just been with the latest recruits for this project... result!!! :singing::singing::singing::smug:
    Dan Morton, Huw63 and peedee like this.
  13. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    You sly dog you ;)!

Oh and by the way, nice brushwork (y)!

Joe
    billyturnip likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Joe. I get almost the same amount of satisfaction from illicit purchasing of more figures as I do painting'em. :D
    Huw63 and Joe55 like this.
  15. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Seems like you and I enjoy the same hobbies! Now leave the computer alone and get back to slinging paint :D!

Joe
    Huw63 and billyturnip like this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

a wise desition Roger, i like that thinking (y)
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Update time and a preview of some of the foot figures.

IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A very rough "sketch" of the layout I am aiming for in the frame. The AWOL Grenadier from the third row has been located. :D

IMG_3118.JPG
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

A pleasure to read and watch as ever.

We all seem to have a secondary hobby called smuggling past SWMBO. Brilliant - I got caught recently but I've found a way around that one - send them to my mum's in Wales and pick them up when I visit. My mum hasn't realsied what I'm doing as I do it to save on postage charges ;)

Cheers

Huw
    billyturnip likes this.
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Too cool!! I shall enjoy [as always] seeing you do your magic on these little guys! (y)

All the best,
    Dan
    billyturnip likes this.