1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Image Uploads

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by gordy, Aug 22, 2003.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I've arranged for some storage to facilitate the uploading of images to the forum.

:D

please note max upload size is 250K, large image files can be "web-optimized" so they are smaller (file-size) and still be of high-quality..
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey gordy ,how do I upload the file? :unsure:

Leigh
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    there should be a "browse" button near the bottom of where you type your message..
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    gordy ,sorry to waste your time .

Yep, I managed that much but there's usually an upload button after you select the file.
    The image didn't appear when I previewed the post.
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    it doesn't show in the preview, for what ever reason, also you have to "browse" again after clicking preview since it clears the input area
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Ahha, there it is thanks gordy :D
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    very, nice indeed! now to share some step by steps! ;)
  10. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks!

I use a wire armature with some basic plastic body shapes and then milliput. While the putty is wet I'll get the drapery etc as close as I can without worrying about the finish too much. Then I'll carve and refine the creases etc after the putty's hard, it takes me 2 or 3 applications of putty to get the finished result in some areas.
    The one thing i find to be a real pain is having to seperate the arms and head afterwards and then clean up the mating surfaces. I much prefer the one off figures any day.

Leigh
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    nice :)
    that's similar to the process I use...
    I have to agree, engineering for a kit breakdown is much more tedious than a one piece!
  12. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Yeh, I've seen your work in progress, I think we work along similar lines but I certainly can't carve hands the way you do :)
    Are you still using Milliput or are you changing over to Magic sculpt for certain bits? I've only ever used Milliput, it's what you get used to I suppose, but I like it's carvability.
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    i'm still using milliput, i've tried experimenting with Apoxy but have had mixed results... i find Apoxy difficult to "read" and yes carve as well, i do like how soft it is though (almost like chewed bubble gum) apparently the type i bought was a more translucent color which made it hard to see fine detail/nuances for the price it wasnt too bad like $20 for 4 lbs. so i'm keeping it on hand for any large scale projects ;)
  14. LCoote New Member

Australia
    So that was Apoxie that you used for the dead jerry ? I have some of that here but haven't tried sculpting with it , only used it for groundwork, it's not sticky like milliput
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Great work Leigh.

Gordy, the new upload for images is just the ticket. Thanks
  16. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thanks John!