1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I'm Karina Zelenkova from Artig Toy Soldiers

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Artig Toy Soldiers, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    The only show I know in US is in Chicago. We couldn't make it this year.
    Maybe next time... It's quite expensive to go there.
    If you know other good shows in US, please let me know.

I'm trying to find a distributor for our products in US.
    Please tell me know if you know anyone who could be interested in selling our goods in America.

Sincerely,
    karina

2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Karina, keep an eye on the clubs and events section, we are expanding it all the time to accommodate the worldwide shows and events with up to date information.

Tommi
  3. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Thank you Brad,

I loved you r website. May you please tell me mor eabout your Show.

Do you thing it would be a good show for our products?

Thank you,
    Karina

www.artig.lv - Artig Toy Soldiers - historical miniatures

4. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Hi Patrik,

I don't think we'll be going to The London Toy Soldiers Show. All tables are booked.
    We're still waiting for the confirmation from Italy. We still hope to go there....

Sincerely,
    Karina

www.artig.lv - Artig Toy Soldiers - historical miniatures

Attached Files:

5. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Hello everyone,

I’m working on questionnaire now. We’d like to know what kind of toy soldiers people need and collect – the period, scale, price range, painting quality.
    What kind of diagrams are the most interesting for the customers?
    Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome,
    I hope that you enjoy your stay here.
    Cheers
    John
  7. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Thank you, John!

8. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Let me elbow my way to the front of this line. Welcome and enjoy!!!
  9. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Thank you, Steve.

10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Hi, Karina, I do think our show would be a good venue for Artig (Is that "Art IG"? Or "artig", as in, "brav"? :D ) One of our anchor vendors is Thor Johnson's AeroArt, and there are other dealers who carry lines that lie between the connoisseur style, a la Russian figures, and classic glossy toy soldiers, from St Petersburg studios over First Legion to new Britains, King & Country, Frontline, etc. I think your figures would arouse great interest, double entendre intended ;)

Regarding our exhibition, I think I can say that it's considered one of the top-tier of exhibitions around the world, on par with the MMSI's show, for example, or SCAHMS, or even the World Expo. If I'm exaggerating or speaking out of turn, I invite other members of the Planet to offer their opinions. I don't compete, and I'm not a connoisseur painter, but a gloss painter (I'd be honored if you had a look at my gallery), so I can't speak from experience of competing, only from being a member of the show committee (though I do get to judge the toy soldier categories).

Also, you might want to check out the TreeFrog Toy Soldier forum, http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/ The focus there is more on traditional and contemporary toy soldiers, than on connoisseur figures, but there is also a good group of builders and painters among the Treefroggers, too, and I think there are members there, too, who would love to see the Artig line.

Well, I've run on enough for now! But please do let me know if you have other questions about the MFCA show, and you can always PM me for more details.

Prost!
    Brad
  11. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Oh, and for your survey, my preferred scale/size is 54mm, Seven Years War and our Revolutionary War, and the Imperial German Army. That's mostly what I collect/cast/paint.

Prost!
    Brad
  12. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Katrina
    Your company seems to have found a gap in the market between toy soldiers and miniature figures as portrayed on this site.Hope you have every success in the future.
    Brian ( supersnad)
  13. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Re: With respect!

I did not see you in Montreux, but I agree with Pedro 100%....welcome a bord...:cool:

ciau
  14. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    Welcome on PlanetFigure.
    Hope you can find collectors here as much as painters (I belong to the second category and am even not collecting my own pieces).
    My personal thanks for your latest napoleonic releases which show an interest for not so often represented sections of the Great Army, yet colorful and essential - health service. No doubt that genuine connoisseurs will enjoy. I personally have my own creation of chief surgeon Larrey in project.
    Eventually, congratulations for your brave tentative to make it a profitable business because the market is not so well, and the predominance of passive leisure among young generations (TV, video games...) does not help.
  15. Bone Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Karina,

I notice that you have by far the most replies among the newbies on Planet Figure. Firstly you do have an interesting collection and secondly, its not often that we have ladies on this site! (Bless the ladies that do frequent!) - we're a sorry bunch!

So welcome on board (y)

Cheers
    Basil
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the planet Karina (y)
  17. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Welcome Karina hope you enjoy this very friendly site.

Cheers David