1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP I'm back! Scale 75 Abyssal Warlord

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kagemusha, May 4, 2014.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I generally cringe when I hear the adjective awsome BUT there is no other way to describe this SBS and of course the paint job also.
    Great stuff Ron C
    This is what makes this forum so special . (y)

Ron T
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl, many thanks for comments and support mate.

Cheers

Ron
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Steve. It's good to be back in the saddle and enjoying the ride again. Appreciate your input and support mate.

Best

Ron
  4. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Very very impressive progress! Thanks for sharing this great SBS with us, Ron!
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Mr T, very kind of you.
    I have to agree with your comment about this forum, a very special place indeed.
    Glad you enjoyed the SBS. Makes it worth the doing.

Regards

Ron C
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron! .... This is an absolute pleasure to view! .(y)..... It does show off your subtle, and yet powerful command of the 'Metallic',.. ! This does, dispel the phrase. 'The Camera never Lies'. It clearly does! :LOL:. I mean how many different, and opposing pics! can you get with the same piece! :eek:. .. If I could be really cheeky, could I suggest a little video, of this work on a turntable ! ... So that all the hues and shades, can be really appreciated. That would be outstanding! :whistle::cautious:. As, I feel, this has more to offer, than can be depicted in stills! ..

Your use of, 'Airbrush', has paid dividends!

Very High Regards,

Mark
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jason, glad you enjoyed the SBS and the end result.

Best

Ron
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Mark, very pleased you like the metallics. I am still learning and refining the technique. Appreciate all your input and support mate.
    I will have to look into your idea of the turntable, as it may well be the optimal way to showcase this kind of effect to it's best.

Thanks

Ron
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,
    Well mate, that has turned out rather special and just great to see it finished. I think Mark may be right there is more to this piece than the stills can reveal. I certainly concur about the SBS, thank you for taking the extra time to document each step and teach us some of your great and unique techniques, highly imformative and I as many others have learnt a hell of a lot on this trip. Thanks.
    cheers
    Richie
    The chimps are singing you praises.
    monkey brilliant.jpg monkey singing.jpg monkey guitar.jpg
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello my little chimp mate. Truth is, what really makes it special, is the input and support from all you guys.
    I know you personally would like to build your airbrush skills and knowledge, and in that respect, I am pleased you found this SBS of use.
    Having received a lot of support during the working of this piece, gives me a good reason to continue to push the boundaries and bend the rules with future projects, and the AB will feature more in them.

Thank the chimps for me mate (y)

ATB

Ron
  11. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So ! any advancement on the video idea! ... because I would like to see this piece in this format ! (y)

Regards,

Mark
  12. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As it happens.....I have one on order (y)......should be an interesting little side project to this piece......Nice idea mate.

Ron
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ron,
    This blows me away and thanks for taking the time with all the information and SBS. It is a superb piece of work.
    Cheers
    John
  14. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Absolute quality. Just the right sort of 'look' in my opinion. Not too extreme just enough realism to be plausible.
    Mind you he doesn't look terribly well.
    Loads or really usefull info throughout, much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Derek
  15. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Boy I must have been living under a rock to have missed this piece Great work . The piece is right up my alley. Awesome stuff . Can I ask you how does vallejo compare to the scale 75 stuff?
  16. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks John....really pleased you like him and SBS was useful :)

Ron
  17. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Del...a great compliment from a person I respect greatly.
    Tried very hard to keep him believeable...glad you think it worked mate :)

Ron
  18. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Samso...for me personally....the Scale 75 have the edge over Vallejo...
    They suit the airbrush superbly well.

Ron
  19. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good to know thanks
  20. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom