1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I'm back (in white)

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by DaddyO, Nov 6, 2021.

1. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Evening everyone after a bit of a mojo collapse and a brief dalliance with 'proper' aeroplanes (those with more than one wing) I was perked up by Nap and the general level of enthusiam shown by visitors and traders at the recent Yeovil model show :D

After getting bogged down with a couple of busts I decided to pick something nice and simple (!) and this one from right at the bottom of the grey army in called to me. It is of course an all time classic produced by Poste Militaire of a 16 Century Muscovite Rindi. Originally sculpted by Mike Good (I think) and cast in white metal for that 'traditional model figure feel'. My copy had some bad pitting and needed a fair bit of polishing and smoothing with putty before I could slap on the primer. Despite this I was able to wrap the whole thing up in just under a week of spare time; the paint just seemed to flow along . . .:happy:

I remembered a certain gentleman from Sweden had done a rather nice version of this figure with a white (rather than the instructed red) coat and of course I couldn't resist a smattering of snow on the frozen ground to round it off ;)
    (I even remembered to take a couple of in progress shots along the way)

Painting was in acrylics as usual with another of Richard's (Oakwood) bases and it's good to go in the cabinet.

Next up something from a slightly warmer climate . . . .
    Cheers
    Paul

Rindi 4.jpg Rindi 1.jpg Rindi 3.jpg Rindi 6.jpg Rindi 7.jpg Rindi 5.jpg
    Terry1954, gazer, akaryu and 22 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Fantastic job

Mobo
    Oda and DaddyO like this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I thought it was by a certain gentleman from Sweden.;)
    Excellent work.(y)
    Nap and DaddyO like this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you gents :p

'I thought it was by a certain gentleman from Sweden.;)' - Most flattering comment of the day goes to . . . . .Housecarl ! ;) :joyful: (Cheers mate)
    housecarl and Nap like this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Been quite a while since I've seen this figure done up. Nonetheless, yours is a real looker (y)!

Joe
    DaddyO likes this.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great work with the white tones, especially the fur cap. This classic, by Mike good. The catalogue reference give us a clue: MG1. The original base had a carpet piece on the floor.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    DaddyO likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hiya Leggy

You don't make it easy do you ! ...all white a la Mr Blank ......and in under a week .......and a lovely job on a classic figure from PM

Look forward to seeing this and a lot others ( planey things ) at Bugle Call ....going to need a bigger table for PF display !

Do think about entering FOTM as well

Thanks for sharing ...."Bogged down in busts" ........we need to talk ...LOL

Happy benchtime

Nap
    DaddyO likes this.
  8. Ferris A Fixture

What a comeback Paul. Love your painting of this one!

Adrian
    DaddyO likes this.
  9. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Joe.
    I had sort of begun to move onto other things when it first appeared and I didn't really appreciate what a cracker it is - glad you like it :)

Cheers Edorta.
    You've a sharp memory about the base and, of course, you're right about the cat. reference being a clue. (y)

Hiya matey glad you approve I'll bring him along to BC with a couple of others so you can have a closer look. :wideyed:

:giggle: He, he - I like the phrase 'Bogged down in busts' catch up soon

Thanks Adrian. Sometimes the paint just flows along and before you know where you are it's finished. :D
    Nap likes this.
  10. Edward A Fixture

England
    Lovely work. I've always liked this figure and you've done a great job.
    DaddyO likes this.
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on the whites mate look forward to seeing this at Bugle call.
    DaddyO likes this.
  12. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Edward and Bob - appreciate your support :)
  13. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Beautiful work!
    DaddyO likes this.
  14. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent paint work!
    DaddyO likes this.
  15. Mike the Swede Active Member

Great painting my friend! :) Being real monochrome figure with very few details, it is all about the painting, and that´s what 'I love about this figure.
    And being a Mike Good sculpture the sculpting quality is indeed the very best.
    A certain gentleman from Sweden;)
    DaddyO likes this.
  16. Oda A Fixture

As handsome as it can get.Top class painting.

Oda.
    DaddyO likes this.
  17. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers matey (y)

Thanks Scott - glad you like him :)

:joyful:
    Thank you indeed Mike.
    It's a lovely figure to paint which always makes painting a real pleasure. Look forward to catching up again sometime

Thank you kindly Oda. Pleased with how this one turned out and he certainly stands out inthe cabinet (which has no lights) ;)
    Nap likes this.
  18. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    He looks good Paul, nice work(y)
    I've hit bit of a mojo block myself so hope to catch up at Bugle Call
    Cheers
    Jim
    DaddyO likes this.
  19. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Jim
    It's a bugger when the old mojo takes a nosedive, but nice when it comes back. I've given up fretting about it and just enjoy it when it's around and do all the mundane stuff at other times.
    Look forward to catching up again at BC (y)
    Nap and Jimbo like this.
  20. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Great comeback!
    DaddyO likes this.