1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I'm baaaack!

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Jason W., Mar 15, 2020.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    If you hadn't noticed, I've been gone from blogging for some years. Having switched to Facebook for posting current projects, I have felt it was a better choice for reaching a wider audience. However, to my surprise, this site is still getting regular daily viewership. I am humbled by that. Therefore, I will start posting projects effective, ehhh, sometime soon. This time, the content will be a mix of my proper miniature sculpting and painting, but I will add a guilty pleasure of mine, but non-the less related to figure modeling, and that is miniature wargaming. Now, my first love was small scale, 1/72, that's what I grew up with. Hundreds of Airfix and Esci Napoleonic, American Civil War, Zulu War and the like, were painted, dioramas and vignettes built, but eventually went through the rigors of teen years and finally disrepair. But at one time, I had enough Napoleonics to wargame with. All Esci and Airfix, with lots of conversions (we are spoiled today by the huge variety of subjects in that scale). Bases were cut from dollhouse hardwood sheeting using an primitive jigsaw with a rusty blade. Flocked with cheap bright green railroad model "grass", and viola, I was in business! Played a few solo games using made up rules. Being a kid, I could not afford proper rule books (rather spend money on paints and minis), but used anything rules related I could glean from popular wargaming magazines. Glorious times! Today, I have amassed quit a collection of 1/72 and 28mm miniatures, all the while juggling my large scale projects (not enough hours in a day!). Anyway, keep an eye out for those posts. In the meantime, I will try to up-to date current projects that this page has missed. Until then... FeR's De Nederlandse Edelman, 1624 1/10 scale Painted with acrylics. [IMG][IMG]

Continue reading...
  2. Ronaldo A Fixture

He's back ! didn't know he was gone , looks a reasonable painter ,probably no worse than a lot of dickheads on P&P
    Gellso likes this.