1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP I'm a lumberjack...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henk, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Really like the eyes, you've made them very expressive. The antlers are a good touch and look really nice.

Cheers Simon
  2. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Simon, The antlers look a bit odd, perched on top of the very tall backpack, but they add a bit of width, and also help set the picture. I'm really happy with how they have come out.

I need to work on the ropes, they are very finely cast, but unfortunately some are a bit brittle, and have broken in bits. I may have to get some rigging string to fix it.
    Briggsy likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

Your cracking on with this , like the way you’ve painted the antlers

Have fun with the piece

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Dr Force likes this.
  4. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm entering the home straight, which as any long distance runner knows, is the hardest part...
    I'm happy with the overall results so far, now it's just the finishing touches, and a few touch ups.
    Right?

I need to finish the straps for the backpack, the arms are only loosely put in place, and the ropes need a bit more definition. I'm not 100% happy with the beard yet, I might add a bit of grey in there.

IMG_20240305_095302_202~2.jpg IMG_20240305_095322_241~2.jpg
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The photograph shows the red a bit more vivid than it is in real life, I just can't get this phone camera to tone it down.
  6. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Really looking the business now, I like the handle of his hatchet, ha I avoided saying chopper ....D'Ho!

Cheers Simon
    Henk likes this.
  7. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Time to start wrapping it up, or I'll tinker for ever...
    A few touches to fix, the arms are not fixed in place yet, I'm not sure what I want to do to his walking stick yet. I actually like the 'bare, just debarked" look, but I need to practise that ton a piece of rod first, to get the colouring right. The antlers will need some strong to replace the broken resin .

IMG_20240305_154130_018~3.jpg IMG_20240305_154135_694~2.jpg
  8. David Spencer A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Smashing! A really nice, original project.
  9. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Got to say he's a great figure, unusual with a charm all.of it's own, great job mate.

Cheers Simon
  10. NigelR A Fixture

Looking good, all coming together very nicely.
  11. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys (y)
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

He’s looking good , I would just put a light wash over the stick to brink out the texture a bit more

Look forward to the final pics in the Completed Forum

Have fun @ the bench

Nap