1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

If I'll find TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by periklis_sale, Jan 16, 2007.

1. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    That's what i am indending to paint if i only could find some more time:

[IMG]
  2. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    more photos of what is in the box:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Periklis, looking forward to your version of this bust, it is high on my wish list! I have one question for you, I notice the top of the head is a seperate piece and has no hair detail. What are you going to do there? I don't think they wore their hair bald like that did they? Doesn't it look a bit funny not to have the same curls under there. You can see right through the helmet at the front. I personally would be tempted to add some hair detail if possible. Let me know your thoughts!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Pericles, this is a very good miniature choise. Looking forward to see the model finished by your hands !
  5. Brad S Member

Interesting observation Jay. I didn't catch that until you mentioned it. Dopesn't look too hard to add some curls though.

Brad Spelts
  6. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    My friends Brad S and Sambaman there is no need to add any hair. If you look in the photo with the pieces out of the box on the right top side under the crest there is an oval shape piece. This piece represents a type of hat (don't know the name of it) that they used to wear under the helmet.

Made some progress yesterday by putting the pieces together "nightmare"!!! :eek: :eek:

I had to remove the small guides from the front and back pieces and drill new ones in the correct locations. It improved the fitting but still have to add some putty on the top. Also , the helmet coming in resing and the crests in metal it will prove doggy to hold the weight!!!!! Had to drill a hole throught the helmet all the way into the hat!!!!!!!! Man took me ages!!!!!!! Photos soon to come cause i don't have my comera with me!!!!!
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    a beautiful and classic one
  8. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    vergilius yes beautifull and classic but with so many problems!!!!!
  9. Brad S Member

Periklis - Thanks for clarifying that. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Brad SPelts
  10. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    hello Periklis !!!looking forward to see your version of this great but difficult kit!!!
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    What are the problems? Maybe we can help
  12. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    vergilius my friend the main problem of the figure is the fitting the weight of the crests. I had to make new guides for paper clips for the two pieces of the main body, the arm, the sleeves, the shield the, the, the....... hours of drilling!!!!!! And it will need a bit of putty to close the small gaps after.

My concern is the weight of the crests on the resin helmet. I had to drill a hole for a paper clip through the helmet to the hat and head, hope that it will keep the fragile helmet in place. I have to wait until i glue everything, but it doesn't look like it will last long :( :( :(