1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

If Ilja Repin...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    ...would have made his famous painting "The Saporoshian Cossacks are writing an letter to the Turkish Sultan" today...:

Found this very good adaption to modern times, showing russian Soldiers, Spetsnas and so called "Kontraktniki" in Chechnya...:

[IMG]

Even the dog from the original painting is to be seen!

Cheers
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I think I see Artjom……………………..
    Oda and Martin Rohmann like this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    And also in this picture of the Great Patriotic War, Repin's famous painting was godfather, as you can see ...:

«Отдых после боя» (Otdykh posle boya - Rest after Battle) by Yuri Michailowitsch Neprintsev (1956).

Here the original oil painting...:

[IMG]

And here a print...:

[IMG]

The search for some more (I'm pretty sure there are some!) is really fun! I've found a new collection area ...!

Cheers
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Wonderful stuff, Martin, thanks for posting these(y) I'm in the final stages of the Irbis figures of the original painting, and it's been a delight to do. Somewhat out of my 'comfort zone', but I couldn't resist them. I have positioned the figures slightly differently from Repin's painting (of which I have a large print!), as I wanted to give them a bit more space.....I think I've retained the spirit of the original, though.
    If I can manage it, I may try to post up some pictures, but don't hold your breath!

Alan
    Nap likes this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Alan!

Some more - found today...:

A Stalin caricature by Semjon Semjonowitsch Gorbunkow (90's)...:

[IMG]

"Ukrainians writing a Letter to the Czar" (Inga Loyewa, Ukrainian artist, 2017)...:

[IMG]

"Red Partisans - Great Patriotic War" (1980)

[IMG]#

And two photos...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers
    Blind Pew and OldTaff like this.
  7. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Marvellous, cheers, Martin.......actually, it's a pity that Irbis couldn't squeeze a few more of the characters in the picture into their excellent figure vignette/diorama, it would have been the icing on a very tasty cake:D. As I'm no sculptor or scratchbuilder, I have done the figures "as is" and I'll have to be satisfied with that.

Alan
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    An new variation from Ukraine today...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Billy Dickinson and OldTaff like this.
  9. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: ........."Dear Mr. Putain, is it OK for us to occupy a few of your dachas in the countryside ? Somewhere nice to house all the families you've made homeless. "

Alan
    Martin Antonenko likes this.
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Here another Repin Original - Tsar Iwan IV. with his dead son. (Iwan "The Terrible" killed his son and heir to the throne Ivan on November 19, 1581 during a fit of rage with his ruler's staff at the Kremlin.)

[IMG]

And here an Ukrainian variation from today - Painter unkown...

[IMG]

Cheers
    Wayneb and Billy Dickinson like this.
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Artjom has done it again.....