IDF colours set

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Paulo, May 20, 2020.

1. gazer Active Member

Israel
    Unfortunately for us, the whole hobby of scale modelling and miniature making is not so developed in Israel, which is a rather small country, although we do have some talented hobbyists. As far as I know there is no Israeli based company which produces figures. There is one company though, IsraDecal Studio, owned by the very talented Raanan Weiss, but they produce almost exclusively Israeli Air Force decals, books, and detail sets. I tried to interest Raanan to produce israeli figures (to start from busts), but neither him or me had the time so far to get this into more practical path.

Benny
    housecarl likes this.
  2. gazer Active Member

Israel
    I think the issue of red boots is more of a tradition thing. It is mostly associated with soldiers of the Paratroopers Brigade, but it is also worn by soldiers of other units, like the Nahal Brigade and some others. The rest of the IDF's troops of all other units wear black boots.

The design of the boots themselves saw some changes in recent years where new models are now supplied to combat soldiers and look different from the models supplied to non-combat and combat support soldiers.

Cheers,

Benny
    housecarl likes this.
  3. gazer Active Member

Israel

In recent years, we do see more and more combat units open their gates to female soldiers. Here is my own wife's niece in a recent artillery drill in the Golan Heights in a photo taken by an IDF's spokesman photographer. I know it's somewhat less photogenic than with a tank-top...

IMG-20200216-WA0019.jpg