1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Idea ! Public Workshop !

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Major_Goose, May 17, 2006.

1. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    hello iam starter on figures but would like to join.my suggestion is the decarius from soldiers.
  2. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Whatever figure will be chosen, I will make a special discount prize for this figure for whoever is participating. As soon as I know what figure it will be, I will post the special discount prize. Just my way to support this great idea from or Greece friends.

Best wishes,

Gino
  3. kevin Active Member

England
    Hi "pf guys"

Have just read the answers to this poll and count me in. I think about 3 months is about right. As for which figure i will go with the flow. It will fun see all the diffence in painting skills. But please remember this is only for "Fun"

all the best

Kevin
  4. renarts Active Member

United-States
    my vote is for the templar/crusader fig.
  5. geebee Member

Belgium
    hello fellow pf ers

just returned from beautiful Greece for my job and the first thing i did was
    open the net to look at pf and was surprised of the idea
    i think it is a wonderful idea you can count on me
    for the figure everything is cool because i have still a lot to learn
    looking forward to hear what figure it will be on monday
    and Gino you will hear from me
    greetings Geert
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    First of all I would like to thank Gino for his kind and generous offer. That's really great my friend, and greatly appreciated.

Kevin, Mike and Ballieu thanks for your support and participation... hop on the boat people :) We are boarding soon :)

Xenofon
  7. Einion Well-Known Member

Good point Jim, if I were to compete and one or two of the pieces suggested so far were chosen I would have to convert them a little to improve on this or that.

Of the suggestions above I'd pick the Pegaso 54220. Second choice would be Latorre's fantasy Saxon and third Elite's PS/54.29, both of which I'd have to do a little work on. The Seil Models Landsknecht is a great little figure but I have some reasons I wouldn't want to do it myself.

Some other possibilities:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And impractical I know :) but I just in case:

[IMG]

Einion
  8. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Seeing as how the voting will decide many things here, I would like to formally add my vote.

For the figure, I would like to nominate the Templar knight proposed by many of the members here already.

As for time, I think 3 months is reasonable for a 54mm figure of this nature.

This is going to be huge, and I can hardly wait.
  9. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Hey! Ho! Let's go!

I vote for the Romeo Templar Knight. I already have it on order from The Red Lancers anyway. :lol: :lol: ;)

Best!
    Ric
  10. kim New Member

Here's my nomination for the Great planet public workshop...

Attached Files:

11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Einion :) !
    Your 3rd "impractical" ;) choice for the figure painting workshop looks really COOL !!!! Any hint of who makes it ?( I assume that its a 54mm model. ) Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Kenneth Hi . This fantasy figure is the first of the new Lattore series named Enigma , that will dealonly with Fantasy figures. The figure is more or less based on the previously released Lattores Saxon but with a lot of Add ons !!!!!Itsa nice figure that i also plan topaint , but ....i dont think it will be that handy for our purpose .

Dear all friend thanks for your huge participation and willingness to have fun and company . Please decide do figure suggestions and also suggest time period so we can come up withthebest solutions for all.

Gino thanks for your nice offer on discountingthe figure . Thats a nice help definately .

Keep Safe Guys

costas
  13. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

3 months would be a superb period for me too. This way I'm "sure" it wil be finnished. I hope it will be the Romeo Templar knight. I start looking for a "different" heraldry already. ;)

A special offer for a special occassion is the least I can do. I think great ideas like this need all the support they can get. I also hope this will become a regular thing (one every 3 months would be great.)

Best wishes fellow painters,

Gino
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well Gino thanks again for your support !!!! I also like the Crusader , so i will also be looking for alternatives !!!!!

The repeating idea is something to be considered if people really like it , but i also have something even stronger in mind for next plate after this one ends ...........

Please check your emails !
  15. s.walks New Member

England
    Hey Gino,

One every three months would be a great idea, we could even theme each figure for variation. Say Napoleonic, Ancient, Medeival, WW2, just a suggestion on my part. Looking forward to the final results, and I think if we keep the COMPETITION element out of the group paint we will get more people on board.

REMEMBER GUYS ITS JUST FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Steve Walks
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well the idea is cool and depending on the final success and participation we can talk it public and conclude. And competition element is out of it anyway !
  17. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Having a support from so many people here in Planet Figure, can only encourage us to go on, find more ideas and organise even more surprises.
    As you can see we started for fun.. and we will end up having even more fun.
    Once again me and Costas would like to thank everyone for their support and interest... and I can't wait to start the whole process.

Xenofon
  18. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    A really great idea. Every three month a new figure and that all without an competition element, just for fun.

I would prefer Lattores Saxon and the first two figures, which where shown from Einion. The indian and the samurai from Pegaso.

I am waiting impatiently, what figure it will be.

Ulrich
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks for your support Ulrich .On monday we will know the figure by public demand !
  20. Bergstein New Member

This is my first post. Count me in I think this is great. My three choices are from Romeo the Templar Knight, Andre Thor, and my third is from Seil the last Crusader. Can't waite to get started.