1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I try not to waste anything

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by taff edwards, Jul 30, 2016.

1. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    Well we have had to have a new dish washer , and a typical Celt , don't waste nothing lol , I thought the cutlery tray in the dishwasher would be if some use the handle un clips and the holes are of differ net sizes , could be used for tools brushes and both sides lift to create a bigger slot for storing items .
    Just a thought Chris

Attached Files:

stoffy01 and billyturnip like this.
  2. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I missed my opportunity when ours shat itself last year. I found one of the removable lids from the basket and as soon as I saw it realised what I may have had, doh! :oops:
    Looks like it would work a treat.
    Regards
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  3. bogusman53 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    excellent idea going to get mine out in kitchen and run it through dishwasher now!
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    That pleases my Dutchy senses! Never let anything go to waste.

Prost!
    Brad
  5. custer760 Well-Known Member

Good idea....I like
    Regards
    Pete
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm the dish washer in this house . now hows that for not wasting anything , Tally Celt
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Me too Ron.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Me, too, no machine in my house. And as far as being Dutchy goes, when I run the water to do the dishes, I use a plastic jug to catch the water at the start, till the hot water comes out. Or I'll run it into my tea kettle, for the next time I want to make a pot. Or I fill a bottle to keep in the fridge for drinking. When I start the shower in the morning, I do the same thing--I use an old plastic jug to collect the water till it comes out hot. I use that to water my houseplants, or also to water plants out in the garden. Otherwise, that's money down the drain.

I run a dehumidifier in the basement, too, and use the water to water my garden. I balance the cost of the electricity to run the thing against the savings from not having to run more water just to water the plants.

Prost!
    Brad
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I too am the dishwasher... But I'll tell you this... Nobody will be using any holes of mine for storing brushes or tools.

NO WAY!!
    billyturnip and theBaron like this.
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Oh my. :D
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Hmm, maybe brushes, bristles first but definitely no tools.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Seriously, though...

Looking again at the photos of the basket, I guess you need to put something solid in the bottom--pieces of scrap styrene sheet, maybe, cardboard, cut up those fake credit cards and membership cards that come in our junk mail--to keep thinner items like paintbrushes from passing through the grate.

I'll give you another Dutchy tip--I use those fake credit cards and membership cards for throw-away palettes for mixing batches of 2-part epoxy glue. They could be used as palettes for other materials, and some of them are plastic and can be used in scratchbuilding.

Prost!
    Brad