1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I like hot coffee, long walks on the beach...and collectibles

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by GildedCollections, Feb 8, 2022.

1. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    And I have a sense of humor.

Hello everyone, or the 3 people that read this. I'm a collector out of the Boston area and I recently have come into possession of a massive collection of figures. Despite my father doing modeling his whole life, this is an area that I'm just not familiar with. I have many items bnib such as two Le Hussard de Marais Mounted kits of the Duc de Lauzun, kit number 90/12 which is how I found this forum, to about 100 W. Britain figures including many John Jenkins Limited collections.

There's many figures, all old that I hope to get some guidance on from here. If you are looking to add to your collection or are missing something from your collection please watch for my posts. As of now, I have so much that asking me if I have XYZ will take some time. Most likely, as I inventory I'll make posts, sharing what I've identified. I see from the marketplace rules I have to have 50 posts prior to selling. :facepalm:

So I'll make informative posts identifying what's in my collection and you can feel free to message me.

Stay tuned, and thanks for having me.
    Lou Masses and Tecumsea like this.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

You sound like our kind of fellow. Welcome aboard.

Steve
  3. Le Capitain New Member

That's a trigger word. Old .. Iam old and I can't wait to see what treasures you might have. Welcome to the site
    winfield likes this.
  4. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    Thank you.... and yes, old is a relative term. I'm juggling civil war/American revolution artifacts and weapons, model and toy cars, and figures. I've got a Dinky Toys commander in my hand as I write this. I will hopefully start identifying posting about the figures over the next few days and as early as today.
    winfield likes this.
  5. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    Actually, while I'm here, where would be the best/appropriate place to start posting about my collection. Off this thread or in another area?

Thanks *tips hat*
    sd0324 likes this.
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Post something here, as good a place as any to start. You seem like an interesting person.

Steve
  7. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    QB-01
    Battle of the Plains of Abraham
    13th September 1759
    Major-General James Wolfe
    (1pcs)

Attached Files:

sd0324 likes this.
  8. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi there

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

You are a collector but do you paint as well ?

Your militaria sounds very interesting do share

PF is for all figures with or without additions like planes/AFV etc

Great to have you with us again share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know...feel free to message me with questions

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but do contact me always happy to help

We have a Marketplace where after members have contributed 50+ posts can use to sell , request if anyone has a model to sell etc...THIS ENSURES MEMBERS CONTRIBUTE rather THAN USING IT AS A SELLING PLATFORM

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet!

Not to discourage you from posting here, but for the commercially finished figures, like Britains or John Jenkins, and other brands, you might also want to have a look at the Treefrog Toy Soldier Forum. The majority of members there are collectors, with a small group of painters (I'm one). Hobby Bunker's forum is another one made up mostly of collectors.

For figure kits, I think you'll find a lot of interest here.

Having said that, I look forward to seeing your posts and the items in that stash!

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap and Richie like this.
  10. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone. Like I said, this is not my specialty. I do have MANY kits and loose figures not touched as well as painted. When I make acquisitions, I usually end up appreciating and falling in love with a new area. As I mentioned, my father did this so I can definitely see myself branching out into this. I have zero knowledge which is why I came here. I want to share what I have and pictures to start identifying what it is I have and whether it's something I want to keep or pass on.

For those looking for specific items that I might have please include a picture as well, as it'll help me identify what it what. The word novice does not do me justice. I'm the flea on the cat living under the novices back porch right now.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Josh

Till you can start selling after 50+ in Marketplace can I suggest you post pics with questions in a thread in General Figure forum , keep all posts in the same thread be easier to work on

Happy to help in any way possible message (PM) me ...lots of details how etc in Welcome aboard

Nap
    theBaron likes this.
  12. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I like pina colada and getting caught in the rain,..I am not into health foods, I am into champagne ........:D...Welcome....
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    A big welcome among us
    Alas, for EU; transport cost must be added then on the price + transport cost 21% of VAT, then import duties + price of the custom document ....
    So ...
    Nowadays Welcome again, and, may I suggest you to have a look at our friends from Treefrog Forum
    https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/
    They are in the US and a vast majority of their members are US
    Also check on facebook
    Miniature Figure Collectors of America
    Wish you good sales and ... perhaps fill firts a cabinet with some pieces of yours ... will you keep them ?
  14. GildedCollections New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the insight. I joined treefrogtreasures, but I'm not able to post yet. I've reached out to the admins so we'll see.

When I make acquisitions, I always find myself in new waters. I usually will sell items that are more common, or I wouldn't be able to appreciate as much as someone else. In doing my research I find the gems and typically will keep those. Though with this recent foray I have multiples which allows me to retain one and pass others on.