1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I finished painting The Terminator

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by THE TENDERIZER, Jul 18, 2004.

1. THE TENDERIZER New Member

This is Arnold as The Terminator from the 1984 film, right after he operated on himself. I sculpted it out of super sculpey clay. It took me a month or two to sculpt. It's about 8" tall and has fiber optics going in through the bottom and up to his eye. I made the glasses from a sheet of plastic I had. I cut out the shape and heated it to bend it into shape. It’s all painted with acrylic paints and is mounted on part of one of those bubble lights. Sculpted in 2003—painted in 2004.

Attached Files:

2. THE TENDERIZER New Member

Here's another picture.

Attached Files:

3. THE TENDERIZER New Member

and just one more.
  4. THE TENDERIZER New Member

Ok I hit the wrong button.

Attached Files:

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Jim..........I love how you did the fibre optics.......very good flesh tones too. (y)
  6. gdcdreamer New Member

Incredible likeness!! Even the texture of the skin!
    Congratulations JIM!!
    Guille
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    fantastic stuff Jim.The likeness is incredible

Stephen Mallia
  8. THE TENDERIZER New Member

Thanks you guys.
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    WOW Jim :eek: what a magnificent piece, that's an excellent likeness, it looks like you've added texture to the leather jacket, if so how did you go about that, and what about the zipper.
  10. Hardy Guest

11. Erikvb New Member

Great work Jim!!!!! (y) (y)

Grtz
    Erik
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Jim !! Thanks for posting ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  13. THE TENDERIZER New Member

For the texture on the leather jacket I took a piece of plastic, like the kind on a cigarette box, and I placed it over the clay and rubbed it with one of my clay tools. It leaves a leather wrinkle look. For the zippers, I put a little loop of wire and let it hang out of the clay and I sculpted the zipper over that. I'm talking about the part of the zipper you pull up and down with your hand.
  14. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    THAT'S A BUST JIM !!! :eek: :eek: I'm waitig for your next...
    hasta la vista... Alex.
  15. Einion Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic likeness Jim, it's actually better than the animatronic head in the movie! I love the way you've represented the singed hair too.

At this level you should try to do some sculpting for garage kits, this is better than any T1 kits I can recall. Look forward to seeing more work from you.

Einion
  16. fsdesimone Member

Yes, seriously. That's an amazingly good likeness! Very impressive.
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, That has got to be one of the best likenesses I've ever seen, very nice. Do you have any advice for doing likenesses/ There's a project I wanted to do but scrapped it 3-4 times (I still have the armature though) because I did not care for the way the face was coming out.~Gary
  18. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    dude, that will work

alex wencho