1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

I Can Decide On What Einstein Should Wear.

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by RKapuaala, Sep 8, 2012.

1. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    So I took him to daz, rigged him and gave him some of ther clothes and goofed around with his mesh.

It was fun animating him,,,, but I still don't know how I'm going to dress him :(
  2. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    oh Lordy i just wet myself! :) thats hilarious Richard. i think you should be an Animator bud. very good indeed. *thumbs*

atb --tim
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    DAZ has canned ani's from motion captures. I have done my own animations in the past when I did some work for HBO, but it was fairly simple stuff. I like sculpting more.
    Speaking of motion capture. I've been thinking of downloading some of the free mocap software but the stuff runs on a .net platform and I hate the vulnerability of that ms platform. You wouldn't happen to know of any free stuff out there?
  4. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    not aware of any Richard but my Tutor at University last year said there was software to turn the xbox kinnect system in to mocap. not sure where though. he said its the same set up that the system uses for games.

atb --tim
  5. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I have an xbox with kinnect system. It's amazing. I wonder if I could stream my motion captures some how to my P.C. now that would be cool. They are both on the same network.
  6. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    i have an xbox too with out kinnect; just waiting to see it come down further- my GF wants to get it. i'll see if i can ask about the software.....

atb --tim
  7. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    My wife got me one for my last bday because I told her I would work out more if I have an xbox with kinnects. I did,,, till I threw out my back playing the star wars game.... the star wars game is fun, but its all 3rd person and not real responsive. Sometimes you swing your light saber, and the avatar just sits there.
    I think that's how I threw my back out, getting frustrated and trying to make it work.
    I tried a demo of a kungfu game that was also 3rd person, but they used pre calcualted sprites of you and it was totally responsive, but very 2d. Still it was fun, even in the demo version.
    Blackwater is also a good one, but your virtual range is someone limited. Even the game that ships with the xbox kinnects was very good on controls. You really get a work out with them. I lost 10 lbs in my first week of playing.
  8. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    hae to agree, i tried one in a store and it wasnt great but my girl wants one at some point. i reckon it would be cool to do animation runs off one. i'll text my tutor at the w/end and see f he has any leads.

atb --tim